What is something that your parents don't know about you?

Stradlater

Wrong crowd in college, substance abuse (location made matters worse...Goa), severe bout of depression after a particular incident, *ed my health, suicidal thoughts....glad I came through it without my parents knowing. Took help from a psychological counsellor (best decision I ever made) and it remained a secret....most important person in my life after my parents because without her help/protection I would have been in serious trouble, even close friends didn't know what I was going through cos I was good at hiding inner feelings. Didn't go home for 20 months (many a vacation as lone person in a hostel of 150 capacity), always made some excuse, thankfully they weren't pushy. Glad that phase got over, now don't even think about all that negative stuff, don't want relapse. In a much better frame of mind now, more engaged mentally and work out almost every day....I believe in miracles and goodness in people. 

We all make bad life decisions, pick up bad habits etc....I lacked maturity and committed mistakes at a younger age compared to others. As long as we can take back control of our lives all good I guess. Part of learning curve.....

Edited by Gollum

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

Wrong crowd in college, substance abuse (location made matters worse...Goa), severe bout of depression after a particular incident, *ed my health, suicidal thoughts....glad I came through it without my parents knowing. Took help from a psychological counsellor (best decision I ever made) and it remained a secret....most important person in my life after my parents because without her help/protection I would have been in serious trouble, even close friends didn't know what I was going through cos I was good at hiding inner feelings. Didn't go home for 20 months (many a vacation as lone person in a hostel of 150 capacity), always made some excuse, thankfully they weren't pushy. Glad that phase got over, now don't even think about all that negative stuff, don't want relapse. In a much better frame of mind now, more engaged mentally and work out almost every day....I believe in miracles and goodness in people. 

We all make bad life decisions, pick up bad habits etc....I lacked maturity and committed mistakes at a younger age compared to others. As long as we can take back control of our lives all good I guess. Part of learning experience.....

Glad you were able to help yourself. We all make mistakes.