Dhondy, Are you allright?

What's the point? I didn't need a triple ton to be convinced that this is the most devastating batsman wielding a willow in the world today, and that includes his illustrious teammates. For me, ever since he made his debut, cricket has been synonymous with watching him bat. IMO, he has the most phlegmatic, most fearless temparament of any batsman I have ever witnessed. People can crib on for hours about his footwork and all that bullshyte, but he outdoes everybody where it really matters- in the head. The triple at Multan was derided because he gave six, almost uncatchable chances, the double at Lahore was "just" on a Patta, his "useless" double hundred at Bangalore failed to save his side, the 195 at Melbourne was against a "second string" Aussie side...finally this was just the "deadest pitch" in the world. What a useless FTB! He only averages 50 away from home and scores 3 runs every 4 balls, a feat not achieved by any batsman, living or dead. No doubt the selectors will drop him after he fails in the next two Tests. There will be talk of Gambhir, Kartick et al stepping into the breach. I have already made my point. There is nothing more to say. Just looking forward to watching the highlights tonight.

Cant help wondering if the India-Aus test series result would have been different had he opened in the first 2 tests instead of Jaffar/Dravid
how could it be ... i mean Karthik was a great replacement ... cmon dont you remember the fantastic series he had in Pommie land? I mean he averaged 35 FFS
I have an egg on my face (I was against his inclusion). But boy, am I happy :D
Don't blame yourself, Holy. At least you are honest enough to own up to it. Remember, before this series started, a moronic website called "cricketnext.com" ran an article quoting a selector to the effect that Sehwag had struggled for runs recently, and given Chopra and Gambhir's rich vein of form in domestic cricket and ODIs respectively, they'd be given a look-in. This is the way the common cricket fan, the selectors and scribes in India think. They remember the last couple of ODIs, the last 20-20 match, the last Ranji, and forget the Test series that was played a couple of months back. How does this happen? I truly think it's a lack of intelligence and appreciation of the great game. Too many people with access to a keypad or in positions of power are eye-wateringly dense, like the schoolkid who has just watched Shahrukh Khan's Don and promptly declares it a better movie than "The Magnificent Seven".
This is the way the common cricket fan, the selectors and scribes in India think.
Thats because they think of Sehwag as a normal cricketer. If I learnt anything watching the game yesterday, then it was that this man isnt your average joe, or even your brilliant joe. He's a different breed altogether. Here are some of the things that he did in THIS INNINGS ALONE, that most cricketers, even the "great" ones, would never do. 1. Hit a four and six in the first over he faced. 2. Last over before lunch, he hits a reverse sweep! 3. Hits Ntini for two 4's and a 6 in the last over before tea. Ntini didn't come out after tea. 4. Hit a six to go from 193 to 199, 5. Hit a six to go from 291 to 297 6. Wanted to bring up his 250 with a six off a reverse sweep, but the ball was short, so reverse pulled it over point for a one bounce 4.Punched his bat because it didnt go for 6. 7. Harris bowled very very negatively to him. Anyone who saw the game ball by ball will know what I mean. At the end of the day, he's scored 100 from 108 balls off Harris alone. I can go on and on, but you get the point.
Thats because they think of Sehwag as a normal cricketer. If I learnt anything watching the game yesterday, then it was that this man isnt your average joe, or even your brilliant joe. He's a different breed altogether. Here are some of the things that he did in THIS INNINGS ALONE, that most cricketers, even the "great" ones, would never do. 1. Hit a four and six in the first over he faced. 2. Last over before lunch, he hits a reverse sweep! 3. Hits Ntini for two 4's and a 6 in the last over before tea. Ntini didn't come out after tea. 4. Hit a six to go from 193 to 199, 5. Hit a six to go from 291 to 297 6. Wanted to bring up his 250 with a six off a reverse sweep, but the ball was short, so reverse pulled it over point for a one bounce 4.Punched his bat because it didnt go for 6. 7. Harris bowled very very negatively to him. Anyone who saw the game ball by ball will know what I mean. At the end of the day, he's scored 100 from 108 balls off Harris alone. I can go on and on, but you get the point.
Nice compilation. Did you see the slog drives he played to Ntini? Couple of them went for four like tracer bullets, one Ntini deflected for one- how he didn't fracture his hand, I'll never know. Tendulkar and Dravid wouldn't be found dead playing those shots, for fear of being branded as sloggers. Those kind of thoughts never enter this man's mind. He's like a machine programmed for destruction, and it doesn't matter to him how he achieves it.