BCCI considering fielding two Indian teams simultaneously

It will be a great move. For a SL tour we should pick a team of new faces. Make Iyer or Rahul as captain..  Rohit is 33 so I don't think it will be wise to give him captaincy.  Guys like Ishan Kishan Samson Nitish Rana Shaw Gill Padikkal along with Rahul & Iyer make a formidable line up. Hardik can also come back. Manish Pandey will be selected that is a given.  In bowling Prasidh Siraj Bhuvi Saini( I want to see him in Tests though) + any other good pacer in domestic with Rahul Chahar & Ashwin( I know people don't like him but he is useful & cunning T20 bowler miles better than Sundar & is economical). So India can field a good 2nd string level side against teams like SL in their own den. 

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

Rohit is 33 so I don't think it will be wise to give him captaincy.

Why not, just 2 -3 years left to wc ...he can play that much

Iyer n rahul need to do more as batsman now...both havent even played 35 odi till now. 

Dhoni kohli ganguly all before becoming captain gave perfomances for 2-3 yrs...in case of kohli even more. 

Well you are right but there is no harm in looking at the future. I think Shreyas is mentally stronger than KL so he should be first choice.  I seriously doubt Rohit will be good enough till 2023 WC.  Kohli will be on his last legs & is showing signs of regression.  We can afford experiments against teams like Lanka Zim.  However there is always an element of risk too..  Shreyas/KL might lose form as well due to added pressure.  It can go either way.  Knowing Indian cricket they will always go for safety first that means Rohit. 

top move...

frings pacers like siraj, prasidh will be in at least one team , even genuine fast bowlers like varun aaron can get a second chance.

as far as batsman are concerned , india has too many to choose from.

hardik has back up in dubey and shardul so dubey/shardul can play in the team playing against the weaker team.

to beat Lanka , we dont need Rohit sharma and Virat and shikhar. 

even a prithvi KL mayank can do the JOB. But yes even the weaker team should have balance of experience. 

shreyas gopal/ashwin/rahul chahar /jaddu/chahal/axar patel/ kuldeep few others -- we have many spinners who are quite good and can play.

But in pacers i would still want to keep only 140k pacers and exception can be for Bhuvi and Deepak chahar as they are both Genuine Swing bowlers.  if Umesh is bowling under 140K then (even)He is done.

I know he still has the capability to bowl faster than even Saini( dont u guys agree?) .He has to just sort out his ****.

On 5/13/2020 at 9:33 AM, Lone Wolf said:

Well you are right but there is no harm in looking at the future. I think Shreyas is mentally stronger than KL so he should be first choice.

future shud be looked in future, cant make a guy captain who hasnt even played 20 ODI , 10 bad ODI then what 

U need to own a place how someone like rohit, bumrah does 

N what are the basis of Mentally stronger thing, if anything KL has come back very stronger from a disastor form and become like a go to man for everything .

Shreyas Captaincy for Dc hasnt looked that great to be honest 

I seriously doubt Rohit will be good enough till 2023 WC.  Kohli will be on his last legs & is showing signs of regression.

I dont buy that regression thing...every player has these patches

We can afford experiments against teams like Lanka Zim.  However there is always an element of risk too..  Shreyas/KL might lose form as well due to added pressure.  It can go either way.  Knowing Indian cricket they will always go for safety first that means Rohit. 

Rohit at this pointis right choice , KL n iyer needs to have a huge base of perfomances. Guys like Dhoni, Ganguly had that of 2-4 yrs