This chess stream video had everything... great entertainment

randomGuy

@randomGuy do you have plans of getting FIDE rating and playing in FIDE sanctioned open tournaments in the future? Maybe once life becomes normal. You stay in Delhi, no? Plenty of FIDE events in NCR....maybe most in number in the country behind Chennai, Kolkata. 

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

@randomGuy do you have plans of getting FIDE rating and playing in FIDE sanctioned open tournaments in the future? Maybe once life becomes normal. You stay in Delhi, no? Plenty of FIDE events in NCR....maybe most in number in the country behind Chennai, Kolkata. 

Assuming fide rating= lichess rating -150

Maybe after reaching 2400 on lichess rapid I could think of registering...I imagine that once you are stuck at 2000-2100 in fide, it could be time-consuming to gain rating points....so before registering (and if at all I register) I want to be reasonably sure that I can be 2300 level in fide

As one can imagine, higher rating involves..

1. deeper calculations.

2. Theoretical knowledge - endgames, openings, remembering common tactics etc.

I am working on these things but when I watch GM, super GM games (and without watching games too) I realise I am still way off. 

2400 fide is arnd world rank 2000 iirc

2500 fide is rank 700 iirc

Edited by randomGuy

48 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

Are you registered @Gollum....any experiences, thoughts?

Not registered. Maybe one day, have always wanted to give it a shot in FIDE sanctioned tournaments. 

Mostly played with father, college mates, work colleagues. Since college haven't played long format, not even rapid. Limited myself to blitz/bullet online. I know that 2 minute games aren't helpful to improve chess understanding but I never had patience for staring at the chess board for half an hour, also online cheating isn't an issue with shorter formats. Really like solving tactics/puzzles.

Smashing victory by GM Adhiban in the on-going WC.... recently I reached 2530 in puzzle ratings, focusing on puzzles nowadays, so, was particularly interested in this game, to foresee all these combinations and mating patterns in a real game is something else .... enjoy the video, only a 22 move game

(I am rated 2147 presently and this happened to be my win against highest rated opponent that I played , ~2300 )...I am black. I deployed Sicilian Kan...with Kan, one can get away with castling very very late ...in this game, I didn't castle btw..it is a very easy to learn opening... try it out @Mariyam @coffee_rules. @Gollum @Yoda-esque

bUNZSWd2MFNsQklCdkJXT2ZBWEhBcjZYbnY3WWlx

5 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Is it good to sacrifice your queen so early?

It depends, if the endgame is favorable for you, then exchange anyday ....In this game opponent had 2 rooks, Vs. 1 rook, 1 knight, 1 bishop for me (pawns also were favourable) ...let me share lichess study to learn Sicilian Kan which I believe is easiest to play among all solid openings (Kan is very solid) -

https://lichess.org/study/1D1HCJEb

Another game today with Sicilian Kan , against a 70 points lower rated opponent at 2076... again, was to castle very late but didn't have to castle.. happened to be a dominating win, enforcing a king walk by the opponent (he resigned before mate next move with rook h8)

bUNZSWd2MFNsQklCdkJXT2Z0N1llZzVRQnZYSGJz