Why do North Indians remain aloof of South Indian culture and society despite living there for decades?

Trichromatic

@Nikhil_cric  Read other posts, I have said that absolve the migrant workers and business communities of this charge, they learn and assimilate based on their needs. But , for this discussion is only of educated communities, the college educated crowd that has this attitude. 

There are 3 or 4 cities in BengLuru now. East areas of Tamil speakers, north areas of gults or Andhra people, south Bengaluru namma Kannada people and the cosmopolitan IT crowd of mainly English in the Cantt. and Angrezi ke auladon. Agree, that the neighborhood we live in influences the culture and language we assimilate into. But the ones I speak of are Aroras, Guptas. Aggarwals who have lived 20 plus years doesn’t have the need to cross the borders and they continue to live in their bubble. I have been to the local market in Jakkur area, this North Indian or Bengali lady is haggling with a vegetable vendor in such a loud manner in her language, while he is trying it in Kannada, she then complains to her friend about how uncouth locals are. For speaking back in his language. My boss (North Indian lady) who had lived for 25 years in Bengaluru didn’t know a word of Kannada. All anecdotal, but this is what most locals talk about their experiences. The younger generation is much more open than the older ones for sure. There is already a demand to make Bengaluru a UT. 

Edited by coffee_rules