Time for Ganguly to retire soon

i know some players play test matches till they are 38-39... Inzi played till he was 37, Lara played till he was 38...and there are many more like them... but looking at Ganguly now..and the way he is playing...No doubt he is scoring runs....but is scoring only in 30s and 40s...and is not a great value addition to the test side..with his pathetic fielding... He has nothing to gain really now...Sachin is still enjoying his game..and Dravid has got atleast 3 more years in him to play test cricket and contribute to indian cricket.. but i think w ewill have to stat the process of building the team for the future...and in next 2-3 years we should have players ready to take the places of Sachin and Dravid... we can blood in few new faces bu dropping Ganguly time to time...and give younger players some experience of playing international test matches.. IMO..its time for Ganguly to set a retirement date for the betterment of the indian team and for his own good.. 'cos failure in 2-3 matches and there will be calls to drop him...as he is not considered any sort of great batsman in test matches...

Ganguly made a good comeback...had an average series in Aus...but was out trying to force the pace in Chennai. He deserves his spot...for now, in my opinion. By the way, he was one of the best fielders on the last day at Chennai. Like Jonty Rhodes he was!!!...well, I exaggerate a little...

Ganguly made a good comeback...had an average series in Aus...but was out trying to force the pace in Chennai. He deserves his spot...for now, in my opinion. By the way, he was one of the best fielders on the last day at Chennai. Like Jonty Rhodes he was!!!...well, I exaggerate a little...
Good point. Ganguly is the only player ever whose become more athletic and a better fielder in his 30 s then when in his 20s. Although it couldnt get any worse
Good point. Ganguly is the only player ever whose become more athletic and a better fielder in his 30 s then when in his 20s. Although it couldnt get any worse
Looking at him sometimes...with his cheshire cat smile when he pulls of a catch or some good fielding...I get a feeling that he must have a sardonic sense of humour...explains also why he irritates the opposition and some of his antics. Only one other guy I have seen field worse than him...unfortunately. also from India. Totally comical efforts...I have actually cracked out in hysterical laughter at some of his tumbles...none other than....our fielding supremo...Munaf Patel!

Dada proved to everyone last year that he is KING and is an incredible fighter and that writing him off was a blunder. He had a relatively bad series v OZ but had a monster series v Pak and decent v England. GIB, you must have called for his retirement thousands of times in the past but IMO you are right in calling it this time. I think it's time to phase out Dada(first out of the big 4) and give Badri etc a chance.

Ganguly, from tip to toe, is an example of what not to be for young fielders. Disappointingly, he does not learn the basics also.
i know some players play test matches till they are 38-39... Inzi played till he was 37, Lara played till he was 38...and there are many more like them... but looking at Ganguly now..and the way he is playing...No doubt he is scoring runs....but is scoring only in 30s and 40s...and is not a great value addition to the test side..with his pathetic fielding... He has nothing to gain really now...Sachin is still enjoying his game..and Dravid has got atleast 3 more years in him to play test cricket and contribute to indian cricket.. but i think w ewill have to stat the process of building the team for the future...and in next 2-3 years we should have players ready to take the places of Sachin and Dravid... we can blood in few new faces bu dropping Ganguly time to time...and give younger players some experience of playing international test matches.. IMO..its time for Ganguly to set a retirement date for the betterment of the indian team and for his own good.. 'cos failure in 2-3 matches and there will be calls to drop him...as he is not considered any sort of great batsman in test matches...
why dont u just go die

yea seriously. ive never been a big fan of ganguly. but i got my share of respect for him. Theres no point of for him to prolong his test career im sure a good replacement is coming his way. He no longer features in ODI's, his forte. I dont see a reason for him to continue in tests.