Jofra Archer- what’s the big deal?

14 hours ago, maniac said:

I know he has a killer  short ball but so does Wahab Riaz or Fidel Edwards.

I don’t see anything that matches the hype.

Anderson and  Broad look like they can take a wicket on every delivery but Archer seems very innocuous.

He is not even like Tino Best or Shaun Tait who would look average but speed guns would read 150+. 

I see him trundling at 85MPH right now and may be he can and has the ability to get it close to 90 mph but what is the big deal there?

English commies are discussing him like he is the 2nd coming of Marshall.

I think he is overhyped.

I agree with you. I think I have mentioned the same before I dont find him that special, Overyped. He is not consistently fast either. Atleast 1-2 yrs will prove if he is consistent. 

I will place my bet on his performance deteriorating with time. 

His duel with the world's best test batsman in his debut series got him the hype in the format.  It's rare to see a batsman of Smith's calibre rattled. Early to say whether he's the one capable of winning matches for Eng consistently, huge boots to fill in home tests considering Anderson & Broad's record.

It's because he bowls in the 140s which is a huge novelty for england. They just don't produce fast bowlers that can actually bounce people. But in Australia/South Africa/even India now he'd just be a domestic bowler that sometimes gets a limited over game.