Long road ahead for Bumrah

G_B_

11 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

He is no longer able to bowl those pin point yorkers like before.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

As I replied in the other thread, its a clear case of dew. Which is why tailenders are able to hit pace bowlers. Not a sinlge bowler has bowled Yorkers, all have been full tosses. So blaming only bumrah seems weird 

I believe there is three stages  a prodigious bowlers would face in his career,  at least in limited over cricket.

1. When you are new and novel and even best batsmen couldnt figure you out and  you reap up wickets

2. Players play you defensively and safely and seeing you through without giving you wickets. So your economy is great but wicket column becoming dry. 

3. Batsmen eventually figure you out and starting to get confidence and start going after you.

How you manage yourself both physically and mentally when you hit stage 3 is going to decide your greatness.

After stage 3 its either, you completely lose it like Ajanta Mendis. Or you can use the skills to back to stage 2 like, Sunil Narine. Or you can use your experience to stay afloat and become a ordinary bowler but occasionally producing greatness to stay relevant like, Lasith Malinga. Or you can completely reinvent yourself and go to stage 1 again (really difficult). 

Seems Kuldeep Yadav currently in stage 3 and losing it.

I guess Bumrah is now entering stage 3. He needs to back himself and not to buckle under pressure. So far, he doesnt induce confidence when someone get in top of him. Hope he turns it back.

9 minutes ago, Sonix768 said:

I believe there is three stages  a prodigious bowlers would face in his career,  at least in limited over cricket.

1. When you are new and novel and even best batsmen couldnt figure you out and  you reap up wickets

2. Players play you defensively and safely and seeing you through without giving you wickets. So your economy is great but wicket column becoming dry. 

3. Batsmen eventually figure you out and starting to get confidence and start going after you.

How you manage yourself both physically and mentally when you hit stage 3 is going to decide your greatness.

After stage 3 its either, you completely lose it like Ajanta Mendis. Or you can use the skills to back to stage 2 like, Sunil Narine. Or you can use your experience to stay afloat and become a ordinary bowler but occasionally producing greatness to stay relevant like, Lasith Malinga. Or you can completely reinvent yourself and go to stage 1 again (really difficult). 

I guess Bumrah is now entering stage 3. He needs to back himself and not to buckle under pressure. So far, he doesnt induce confidence when someone get in top of him. Hope he turns it back.

Actually folks are least concerned about his limited overs bowling. We don't want Boomerang to lose his mojo, he has to bowl more spells like 5/7 in tests.

3 hours ago, Sonix768 said:

After returning from injury in early 2020,  Bumrah's lines and lengths have altered a bit.

He always bowled some nasty and hostlile bouncers and rising short balls. And this ability is still as good as before.

His pace, bounce and zip off the deck are as good as earlier too.

But his good length balls have become a bit shorter and the percentage of deliveries from the off to the 5th stumps seem to have decreased.

Moreover, the quick and wicket directed yorkers have reduced in number. Could have something to do with reducing stress on the back, maybe even subconsciously.

These factors have contributed to lesser wickets and not batsmen figuring him out. If he starts bowling the lines and lengths of 2017 to 2019, he will against start getting as many wickets.

Edited by express bowling