Discussion during Kanpur test vs SA,2008

A great comeback by India after the solid start that the Saffies got. Today will be the real interesting part. How the saffies bowl and the Indians cope with it. India needs a lead of around 200 runs and needs to bat long and bat once to put the Saffies under tremendous pressure.

We'll post at least 300 and more if Sehwag bats out till lunch. Remember that once the ball passes the in field it should race away to the boundary as it did today. I'll stick my neck out and say that by Sunday morning we would have established a 100 run lead.

I believe that India should pay more attention to domestic performers when selecting bowlers to play at home in typically Indian conditions. They should not go blindly for a 110kph slow medium pacer, but someone like Praveen Kumar should be favoured over a Sreesanth, who has a poor FC record and is much the same bowler who earnt those records; or an Irfan Pathan, who has historically struggled in Test cricket in India (despite being an improved bowler than the one who earned his unflattering FC statistics - bowling average of 30.48 in FC cricket).

Perhaps they are a better team than India??? If they win this one' date=' IMO they are the second best behind the Aussies.[/quote'] how can u make this out? our bowling is nothing short of PATHETIC. Injuries to our MAIN player's doesnt help either. I think our spinner's are nothing short of mediocore. Kumble has been pathetic since aussie tour and we dont even neeed to talk about our looser bhajjan.

it looks like it. Daryll Cullinan: 'A defining Test for Harris' April 11, 2008 Daryll Cullinan reviews the action on day one of the third Test between India and South Africa in Kanpur and says that while South Africa squandered a good start, given the nature of the pitch, it could just be the highest total of the match. The Indian batsmen will have to look to play aggressively if they are to put up a big first-innings score, which will give them their best chance of winning this Test

it looks like it. Daryll Cullinan: 'A defining Test for Harris' April 11, 2008 Daryll Cullinan reviews the action on day one of the third Test between India and South Africa in Kanpur and says that while South Africa squandered a good start, given the nature of the pitch, it could just be the highest total of the match. The Indian batsmen will have to look to play aggressively if they are to put up a big first-innings score, which will give them their best chance of winning this Test
I think Ntini will be the key for SA. His deliveries come with an angle into the right handers. Uneven bounce can cause great trouble for the batsmen. All our batsmen except Yuvi will negotiate Paul Harris with ease. :nervous:

Clearly, its advantage South Africa. Anything over 175 is going to be hard to chase down on this pitch in the 4th innings. Assuming India gets a lead of around 30, then we have to bowl 'em out for something around 200, which is quite a challenge. Ideally, I would have liked us to have around 125-150 run lead, which seemed possible at 248-5, but we seemed to have lost important wickets at crucial times. This match is going to get almost certainly before tea on day 4

Yesterday, it was "I think 265 will be the highest total in this match." Today, its, "I don't think SA mind giving a lead of around 20-30 runs." When Ravi Shastri was giving interviews to Cricinfo during the Ind. vs. Aus. series, he made sure he acknowledged how well the Aussies played. Why does this guy not do that? The least he could've said is, India played well on a deteriorating pitch. Cullinan also said he thinks SA are favorites. I don't know about that but I hope Bhajji bowls well tomorrow.