Rahul Dravid's effectiveness in test cricket(currently)

Chaos

It's sad that he is been struggling a bit recently, i think if u saw his great hundred's against the good bowling attacks was he took the bowler's on by pulling and hooking them. I would say dravid has to play positively and that should bring back this legend back in to form. It's damn sad to see him go through this phase.:((

Dravids effectiveness in test cricket(currently) a liability? Dravid has been lackluster these days. Its sad to say this about a legend. My reason for saying this is that , number 1 hes ruining a lot of momentum in the top order, number 2 hes not nearly as effective at 3, the most important batting position in test cricket. Hes been below par in test cricket lately scoring a lousy hundred the most hes don. Hes scoring at a very slow rate, its almost becoming a liability.

Becoming a liability?! Rahul Dravid is still a very good batsman and played well today for his hard earned 29 before getting a beauty. He may be going through some poor form, but I think we can give him that considering: a) The poor form is not that bad since he is fighting through it through time at the crease b) He hasn't averaged under 35 in a single year of his career, not even in this so called 'liability' form. The fickle nature of a lot of Indian fans is starting to annoy me. Suggesting that Dravid should be dropped or that he is a liability nothing short of pure insanity!

Rahul Dravid is ultimate class. but what im saying is this. a lot of things arent in his favor. He is now 35 and out of the ODI team. His running between the wickets is sluggish. Hes not in form and at number 3 hes just wasting time scoring runs at strike rates below 30 because once hes out, it leaves india kind of in a hole maybe he should be pushed down the order.

mr defensive hasnt done anything great in tests recently. he scored a 100 in the 1st test only due to sehwag and he cant score at over 40 strike-rate. its time mr defensive was dropped & replaced by someone younger

This is rubbish. Strike rate is of minimal importance in Test cricket and the performance of the rest of the Indian batsmen in Chennai (9 for 113 or something like that) showed that the proposition of facing the South African bowlers on that pitch was far from easy.

Dravid's snailathons have become too much of a regular feature nowadays. He is robbing the innings of much needed momentum at the top and stymieing our progress. I can understand SRs of 40-45 in test cricker, but to have SRs in 20s, almost every match, is almost unacceptable.

Not the best batting from RD. In SRT's absence, he is the senior most and the premier batsman in the side and yet he bats without purpose and without initiative. Hope he plays more positively in the 4htn innings because boy are India going to need it.

What initiative is needed on a difficult pitch against two 145kph bowlers - it is a game of survival and Dravid played well for his 29 before recieiving a brute of a delivery.
I very much agree. I don't think it was possible to score very freely against two 145+ kph bowlers on an uneven pitch. The pitch was nightmare-ish. I think he really did play well for his 29 out of the 106 balls, which is more important because had Dravid gotten out relatively quickly after Sehwag and Jaffer, it would've probably ead to a collapse, and Ganguly wouldn't have been able to play with such freedom, I think. OT: What a knock that was from Ganguly. Awesome stuff. Even Laxman played well for his 50.