ICC issues notice to BCCI over Kanpur Test

Guest Hiten.

Guest Hiten.

NEW DELHI, April 16: Green Park pitch seemed to be tailor-made for the Indian teams that suited the spinners and now it has come under International Cricket Council's scanner.:omg: ICC has sent notice to BCCI on Tuesday demanding an explanation regarding the issues raised by the match referee. Roshan Mahanama , match referee in Kanpur Test, has stated in his post-match report about the sub-standard and unfit nature of the pitch. After a Test match gets over, match referee sends a post-match report and if it carries any issues, ICC then write to the home board demanding an explanation for the same. It is the standard procedure which is followed. "After every match, the match referee is supposed to rate the pitch and if his rating is that the pitch was sub-standard, then the ICC gets in touch with the Board, giving them 14 days to respond. If the Board fails to come up with a convincing reply, then the venue is reprimanded and as a last resort, it can even be banned from the international circuit. Once that happens then the Board can appeal against the decision again. That's the process," said ICC Manager - Media and Communications Brian Murgatroyd. "For the moment, however, I am not going to comment on one particular venue. That's the process and that's how things will happen after a Test has been played at any venue. But if someone from the BCCI has told you that, then I am not going to disagree either." Just two days into the Test, South African coach Mickey Arthur also said that he expected India to prepare such a track as they were trailing 0-1 in the series. "There is always something happening on the wicket. It is behaving like a fifth day pitch on the second day. It played a little better than expected, but is not ideal for Test cricket," South Africa coach Mickey Arthur told reporters on the third day of the match. http://cricket.indiatimes.com/ICC_issues_notice_to_BCCI_over_Kanpur_Test/articleshow/2955320.cms wtf happened to the home advantage bs ? Does the Perth pitch come under scanner when Aussies' roll over the tourists on a wicket that suits pace Bowlers ? What about the NZ pitches that forcefully lasts the game's period to 3-4 days ONLY ? .....and people wondered why the art of spin is disappearing. How the fck can a spinner bowl on Green dust- bowl ?

Guest Hiten.

In the 1990s there was the feeling that India were preparing tracks that were designed to break in three days. During Mohammad Azharuddin's time they played on rank turners with three spinners.

I see no reason why we should worry about it. If a Test match wicket spins' date= there is talk that it's a bad wicket. If the first ball of a Test match seams and swings, then it is a good wicket. If the first ball of a Test match goes at a good pace and the batsman hits it for a four, it's a good wicket. What's wrong if the first ball spins? It's a challenge. A spinner is also a bowler. Even in India, if you look at every wicket, the surfaces have changed. Maybe this is because the focus is on developing fast bowlers. But at the end of it, you need a bit of bounce, even for a spinner. The wicket should gradually deteriorate over a period of time. You should get the spinner into play at least by the end of the third day or the beginning of the fourth day.

Uncle Sharad pawar will make a call and it will be all forgotten. BTW what about the pitches in Sri Lanka that are made for draws, Aussie pitches at Gabba and WACA that have unplayable bounce, West Indian pitches that are uneven , Bangladeshi pitches that turn from day 1 (1st test Vs SAF) , South African pitches where Indian team used to get bowled out in 1.5 sessions, pitches in NZ where the test matches are more often than not over in 3 days. Just wondering !

Uncle Sharad pawar will make a call and it will be all forgotten. BTW what about the pitches in Sri Lanka that are made for draws, Aussie pitches at Gabba and WACA that have unplayable bounce, West Indian pitches that are uneven , Bangladeshi pitches that turn from day 1 (1st test Vs SAF) , South African pitches where Indian team used to get bowled out in 1.5 sessions, pitches in NZ where the test matches are more often than not over in 3 days. Just wondering !
True...:haha:

I agree that Sharad Chacha will make a phonecall and everyone will shut up. And also the South Africans and some nonsensical indians shouldnt be whinging about how the wicket was substandard. Fact is, it had a lot in it for the pace bowlers in terms of hitting the cracks on the wicket, reverse swing and plenty of uneven bounce. In the end, it came down to this: A bowler (ANY bowler) who has a bit of talent and stuck to basics made life uncomfortable for batsmen. The only serious revelation (or for me, confirmation) was that Paul Harris is absolute shite. Thats why South Africa lost the match despite having the best batting conditions. That and the fact that the south african batsmen went into radiation proof, underground bunkers at the terrorizing site of people like Virender Sehwag with grenades and C-4's in his hand.

Bullshit... Nothing can and will ever come out of this. No one can actually *prove* that the pitch was of sub-standard nature to begin with. And most importantly, what constitutes a 'Standard' pitch ? Runs scored, wickets that fell ? Then what kind of 'standard' pitch was the Motera, in which 10 Indian wickets fell in 90 mins ? All this reporting/complaining is at best symbolic ****. It wont even tickle the Indian board.

ok ... rant over ICC .. now go and enjoy the money that we keep pouring into your coffers. I find it hilarious that the previous pitch wasnt castigated .. after all that too ended in 3 days. But hold on, it was seam and swing i.e. a good track.

I think that was a fair move by ICC. The match referee complained in his report and ICC had to follow the process. If they didn't then they would pretty much be shot down by the rest of the cricketing countries? We all know Rahul Dravid and Kallis got a nasty bounce off full length balls. It was dangerous the pitch and it was rightly reported. I have no problems with spinning tracks, the batsmen have to learn to play spin too but dangerously variable bounce is not a pitch you would ideally like to have. I don't mind the match referee reporting it as the rest of the venues from around the world may follow suit. What I don't like is that the match referees are not consistent. They should have reported J'burg, Headingly or Perth too in that case. Unfortunately that will not happen.

recall that new zealand tour just before the 2003 world cup where both teams were successively dismissed for sub 100 scores? never heard a word about that...