Exciting Young Players Showcase

flamy

I think we already have a thread on this :D Some players who've performed: Abhishek Nair Manpreet Gony Yusuf Pathan Shikhar Dhawan laxmi Shukla Other prospects: Ajinkya Rahane Saurabh Tiwary Tanmay Srivastava Jadeja Uday Kaul Karan Goel Abdulla

Wonder how everyone failed to mention Asnodkar for the young talent showcase!! Didn't he play brilliantly against 3 international bowlers, in which two of them are certainly the leading pace bowlers of their respective counties? Frankly speaking, he looks to a very talented batsman who was not at all nervous at the big stage. Debabrata Das from Knight Riders disappointed a bit yesterday but he seems to be a good batsman as well. Let us see if these two are able to replicate their best performance or not!

except for Rohit Sharma and Badrinath.... i do not see amy other batsman who can be drafted in Test team of India... Suresh Raina is a promising talent...but i would still watch him.. although our bowling looks good for ODIs and Tests ... if only Pathan could develop his bowling to the next level...and be consistent with batting...we will have a killer combination in Tests and ODIs...

except for Rohit Sharma and Badrinath.... i do not see amy other batsman who can be drafted in Test team of India...
But when did you see Badrinath do that well that you are willing to draft him in the test side? Besides, the talent showcase in this tournament is not for test or ODIs but to show our bench-strength. If needed, whether we have someone to step up or not, even in ODIs. And this tournament is showing that we have rich abundance of talent which if groomed properly can be used in 50 over or longer version of the game!

But when did you see Badrinath do that well that you are willing to draft him in the test side?
Seconded! Let Badri play a few more games before we judge him to be test calibre...for that matter, let Rohit play a few more ODIs (although am a big fan of Rohit since T20 WC and happy that DC got him over Uthappa, Raina etc). I think the current Test batting lineup is great - except I'd definitely have Gambhir over Jaffer in the opener slot

I saw Asnodkar during the challengers series, he looked pretty good. He did awesome today. Would like to see how he performs in the rest od the tourney. Jaipur have got some excellent local talent and that will be a big plus for them.

From the top of my head, some newbies who've performed well in the IPL: - Manpreet Singh Goni - Shikhar Dhawan - Yusuf Pathan - Rohit Sharma - Abhishek Nayar - Virat Kohli - Ravidra Jadeja
How about adding YoMahesh in the list too? The lad does need fine-tuning but he'll come good eventually. Claiming Fleming twice in the same over is no joke. And what about Vidyut Shivaramkrishnan? Admittedly it was a chancy knock but chennai had to take chances and it paid off. It'll be interesting to watch him in next few matches. And what a six that was from Badri on the last delivery of Chennai's inning!! Absolutely brilliant. Dhoni needs to send him up the order.

Shreevats Gosami? Seemed very sharp behind the stumps.
i think his keeping wasn't that good, not that bad either.. may be need more time.. but definately can be one for the future.. good knock under pressure.. he was struggling first up, but then responded well and scored 50

Dhawan has become a central part of the Delhi team, so much so that the team's fortune depends on him doing well along with Gambhir or Sehwag. Also, a very good fielder. BAAAAAAAAAADASSSS! Kohli has just fizzed off much like his sponsor :D Raina has not done much of note after the dream start, while Yusuf was always a lottery.

Seconded! Let Badri play a few more games before we judge him to be test calibre...for that matter' date=' let Rohit play a few more ODIs (although am a big fan of Rohit since T20 WC and happy that DC got him over Uthappa, Raina etc). I think the current Test batting lineup is great - except I'd definitely have Gambhir over Jaffer in the opener slot[/quote'] First give him a game! Be fair guys. This guy deserved to be in the 11 once Ganguly was out.