RR- SWOT Analysis and Game plan

Ankit_sharma03

Ex4ndgsVEAIXu7S?format=jpg&name=900x900

Strength 

• Overseas players 
  • Bowling attack 
  • Lower order batting- Archer, Morris, Gopal , Tewatia 
  • All rounders- Stokes, tewatia, Dube, Morris and parag can bowl, archer, gopal , morris can bat 

Weakness

• Archer arriving in 2nd half and if he doesnt well they are in big trouble 
  • Middle order is inexperienced and inconsistent 

Threat 

• Samson batting order has always be tinkered around in mid season
  • Dube's limitation
  • Morris price tag 
  • Archer injury 
  • one of butler or stokes might have to bat in middle to give solidity which reduces their effectiveness 
  • Gopal decline in form 
  • Love for lord unadkat

Opportunity 

• For samson to have a consistent season 
  • Tewatia to show he belongs in indian t20 squad
  • Stokes that he is good in t20
  • Morris to prove his price tag 
  • Tyagi to show improvement
  • Gopal since spin bowling of Indian t20 side has started to look a bit fragile  

Game Plan - 

Plan A Plan B Plan C Without Archer
1 Stokes Stokes Manan Stokes
2 Butler Butler Butler/ Stokes Butler
3 Samson Samson Samson Samson
4 Anuj Rawat Livingstone Butler/ Stokes Anuj Rawat
5 Parag Parag Parag Parag
6 Dube/ Lomror Dube/ Lomror/ Anuj Rawat Dube/ Lomror/ Anuj Rawat Dube/ Lomror
7 Tewatia Tewatia Tewatia Tewatia
8 Archer Morris Morris Mustafizur
9 Morris Gopal Archer Morris
10 Gopal Sakaria Sakaria Gopal
11 Sakaria Tyagi Gopal Tyagi

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

A very ordinary team with lack of quality Indian players. The established Indian core quality is missing. The last they won was when Warne was with RR. 2009?

It is always difficult to win with inconsistency and inexperience of Samson, Lomror, Parag, Tewatia and Anuj Rawat. Archer was the key bowler but in his absence there is nobody in the same class. RR will struggle more in his absence.

Tewatia gave a surprise wonderful performance though. He was their best Indian player last season. Tells about the lack of quality. The auctions have been badly messed by Dravid. He was one of those who in initial years spoken well about not splashing money on big players. Today that decission to buy cheaply available players is hurting RR post few years as they realize more often than not quality comes at a price.

The Plan B playing XI looks very strong especially when Archer isn't playing. 

Batting is absolute bonkers..  

Stokes Buttler Samson Livingstone is most power packed Top 4 assembled in this IPl. 

However Parag at 5 no 6, 7 spots are bit weak imo.  Dube should fit in at 6 over lomror.  May do better than what he has done for RCB.   Tewatia at 7.

Interesting case is with Manan Vohra..  He can also provide fliers at the start but Stokes & Buttler would open.  Parag's spot I think has to be kept in mind as no 5 is very crucial number...  I am not sold on the guy still. 

4 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

The Plan B playing XI looks very strong especially when Archer isn't playing. 

Batting is absolute bonkers..  

Stokes Buttler Samson Livingstone is most power packed Top 4 assembled in this IPl. 

However Parag at 5 no 6, 7 spots are bit weak imo.  Dube should fit in at 6 over lomror.  May do better than what he has done for RCB.   Tewatia at 7.

Interesting case is with Manan Vohra..  He can also provide fliers at the start but Stokes & Buttler would open.  Parag's spot I think has to be kept in mind as no 5 is very crucial number...  I am not sold on the guy still. 

i like A coz its the bowling that will win u games , good bowling can even win u 140 games

20 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

i like A coz its the bowling that will win u games , good bowling can even win u 140 games

In Team A Archer is absolutely the main guy but as he isn't available in the meantime.. So Team B looks to have more bases covered.  At least they will try to outbat opponents.  Morris is decent addition as well in bowling deptt. 

18 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

They ll have to keep themselves alive before Archer comes in 

Archer will also at best win you 1-2 games out of 10. You need a bowling unit. Having one xfactor bowler doesn’t cut it anymore. I feel Archer is good but not as good as he is made out to be. A tad overhyped.

7 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Archer will also at best win you 1-2 games out of 10. You need a bowling unit. Having one xfactor bowler doesn’t cut it anymore. I feel Archer is good but not as good as he is made out to be. A tad overhyped.

Archer isnt one factor they have add morris , and indian bowling unit who then has to support makes them scary

Be rest assure jofra will have a big impact in 3-4 games out of 7-8 easily

Fizz should do the job for RR for which they paid Unadkut all those $$$, if they get those dusty wickets. He might do well in these conditions this time of the year.

An exceptional pick. Kudos to the guys planning the auction for RR

Edited by Global.Baba

14 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Fizz should do the job for RR for which they paid Unadkut all those $$$, if they get those dusty wickets. He might do well in these conditions this time of the year.

An exceptional pick. Kudos to the guys planning the auction for RR

They ll play archer n morris, morris is a better package and also bowls at a better pace. His bowling swung few games for rcb last yr. RR has many left arm bowler apart from unadkat. Fizz only comes in if archer or morris is injured. 

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

They ll play archer n morris, morris is a better package and also bowls at a better pace. His bowling swung few games for rcb last yr. RR has many left arm bowler apart from unadkat. Fizz only comes in if archer or morris is injured. 

Fizz is a great buy at a good prize in these conditions that’s all I am saying.  A lot of people have forgotten about him but he continues to pick wickets in LOI’s for Bangladesh. Very effective LoI bowler