The cricketers who cried in front of camera

DomainK

I am trying to make a list of them all here. 1. Vonid Kambli sobbed badly after the Kolkata crowd disrupted the 1996 semifinal against Srilanka. Srilanka was awarded the game and Kambli was not out. That match marked the end of his potential career. 2. Kapil Dev cried like a baby howling and wiping tears on a BBC interview after he was accused of match fixing by Manoj Prabhakar. The charges were found wrong later. I still believe Prabhakar should have been prosecuted for that. 3. Sreesanth cried like a baby after being slapped by Bhajji after an IPL match.. Please contribute...

I am trying to make a list of them all here. 1. Vonid Kambli sobbed badly after the Kolkata crowd disrupted the 1996 semifinal against Srilanka. Srilanka was awarded the game and Kambli was not out. That match marked the end of his potential career. 2. Kapil Dev cried like a baby howling and wiping tears on a BBC interview after he was accused of match fixing by Manoj Prabhakar. The charges were found wrong later. I still believe Prabhakar should have been prosecuted for that. 3. Sreesanth cried like a baby after being slapped by Bhajji after an IPL match.. Please contribute...
WTF!! I didn't know abt this! Was there any inkling of a chance for India to win, or were they completely out of it?

WTF!! I didn't know abt this! Was there any inkling of a chance for India to win' date=' or were they completely out of it?[/quote'] You have missed something if you havent seen that match. India was chasing and the pitch started turning square. The match was worth watching just because Sachin Tendulkar and Navjot Singh Sidhu displayed a fine demonstration of how to play on a square turning pitch. An absolutely amazing display of defensive batting in almost impossible circumstances. Once they were out, the rest of the lineup fell like nine pins as Jayasuriya ran through them. India had no practical chance of winning when the crowd stopped the match in violent reactions. But Kambli was still not out and he believed that he could have won from there. He begged to resume the match but Ranatunga refused to go back after what the crowd had done. Kambli was crying uncontrollably. He was dropped from the team because of this behavior and his career ended there. The Kolkata people later sent a letter of apology to Ranatunga, but that match still remains one of the most embarrassing day of Indian cricket. Also, the match will be remembered for the incredible stupidity of Azharruddin to chose to bat second on a pitch that was clearly going to turn in second innings. Srilanka went on to win the world cup.

You have missed something if you havent seen that match. India was chasing and the pitch started turning square. The match was worth watching just because Sachin Tendulkar and Navjot Singh Sidhu displayed a fine demonstration of how to play on a square turning pitch. An absolutely amazing display of defensive batting in almost impossible circumstances. Once they were out, the rest of the lineup fell like nine pins as Jayasuriya ran through them. India had no practical chance of winning when the crowd stopped the match in violent reactions. But Kambli was still not out and he believed that he could have won from there. He begged to resume the match but Ranatunga refused to go back after what the crowd had done. Kambli was crying uncontrollably. He was dropped from the team because of this behavior and his career ended there. The Kolkata people later sent a letter of apology to Ranatunga, but that match still remains one of the most embarrassing day of Indian cricket. Also, the match will be remembered for the incredible stupidity of Azharruddin to chose to bat second on a pitch that was clearly going to turn in second innings. Srilanka went on to win the world cup.
Wow, thank you man. And ya, I wasnt big on cricket then.