Fans need to understand England approach will not work for Indian team.

1 minute ago, maniac said:

@Ankit_sharma03 you are blaming rohit and Kohli for loss vs England. Did you watch the final overs? :cantstop:

Also check and see why we even got close to win at one point 

Whole team was at fault but those 2 actually finished the game for us till 30 over..... 

u cant leave too much for end specially in a pressure game. Thats what england does right....always above the RRR so even if they have collapse remaining one can bat normally n manage

Our NAtwest chase which was dman tough in those days followed that pattern, we were hardly behind RRR

5 minutes ago, maniac said:

a “selfish” 100 today would have added 75-100 runs more to the total we ended  up with for sure.

yeah like its a given that they would have scored 100 on this track

you are comparing success of one approach with failure of another.Not equal comparison

4 minutes ago, maniac said:

@Ankit_sharma03 you are blaming rohit and Kohli for loss vs England. Did you watch the final overs? :cantstop:

We were chasing 338 in 300 balls, means more then run a ball

Rohit s/r 93

Kohli- 86

two set batsman batting under run a ball and leaving too much for then end . Match lost 

7 minutes ago, maniac said:

a “selfish” 100 today would have added 75-100 runs more to the total we ended  up with for sure.

thats the problem to much emphasis on menaingless games....aaj jeet lo kal kisne dekha

Aaj to 270 maarke jeet loge.....bade match men ye kaam nahin aa wala, kyunki jab safe batting krne ka time aata hai na yahi sabse pehle pavillion men hote hai

Be it 2017 CT chase - top 3 were back in hut (needed 100s) 

Be it 2019 Wc chase- they were back in hut (needed temperament ) 

both times it was a counter attacking innings that saved us from shame

8 minutes ago, maniac said:

we needed 140 in 14 by the time both were done.

leaving everything for the end while they collected hundreds

Just now, Lord said:

yeah like its a given that they would have scored 100 on this track

you are comparing success of one approach with failure of another.Not equal comparison

no there is no guarantee they would have succeeded but they have a proven track record of making it count when set.that’s why they are rated where they are.  That’s the point I am making. I haven’t seen this 40(25) do much so far. 

T20 these knocks might be useful but definitely not odi cricket.

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

thats the problem to much emphasis on menaingless games....aaj jeet lo kal kisne dekha

Aaj to 270 maarke jeet loge.....bade match men ye kaam nahin aa wala, kyunki jab safe batting krne ka time aata hai na yahi sabse pehle pavillion men hote hai

Be it 2017 CT chase - top 3 were back in hut (needed 100s) 

Be it 2019 Wc chase- they were back in hut (needed temperament ) 

both times it was a counter attacking innings that saved us from shame

Those counter attacking innings came because there was nothing to lose. There was no calculation or method. Jadeja’s innings was marginally better though because he had Dhoni at the other end guiding him but as everyone expected, he choked when it became a possibility.

no there is no guarantee they would have succeeded but they have a proven track record of making it count when set.that’s why they are rated where they are.  That’s the point I am making. I haven’t seen this 40(25) do much so far. 

on tough tracks they dont when theres swing or spin

on pattas yes they do,but then there these guys also would be more productive.They may not score tons but can certainly score 70 off 50 type knocks

Those counter attacking innings came because there was nothing to lose. There was no calculation or method. Jadeja’s innings was marginally better though because he had Dhoni at the other end guiding him but as everyone expected, he choked when it became a possibility.

no he got because RRR got too high because nothing was coming from other end.You can't chase 10-12 from one end only

Dhoni only hit one once Jaddu got out by then we needed 31 in 2

Just now, Lord said:

no he got because RRR got too high because nothing was coming from other end.You can't chase 10-12 from one end only

Dhoni only hit one once Jaddu got out by then we needed 31 in 2

at this point why do I feel like you are arguing for the sake of arguing?

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

no sportsman gets on the field with that attitude they all play to win

Neither it was that they played some un natural game.....they played their natural game. Wud u call sehwag 2003 final knock nothing to loose one, no...coz thats how he played . Thats theonly way to reach target to score. How does not scoring wins u games ??

He didnt choke....it was dhoni was building pressure. Its always those stupid safe inning that looses us the match

Best of the best knock in pressure have been counter attacking one. 

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

no sportsman gets on the field with that attitude they all play to win

Neither it was that they played some un natural game.....they played their natural game. Wud u call sehwag 2003 final knock nothing to loose one, no...coz thats how he played . Thats theonly way to reach target to score. How does not scoring wins u games ??

He didnt choke....it was dhoni was building pressure. Its always those stupid safe inning that looses us the match

Best of the best knock in pressure have been counter attacking one. 

As much as I criticized Dhoni, I had more faith in him to finish the game (which would still needed a miracle) than Jadeja.

7 minutes ago, maniac said:

ODI now is extension of t20 cricket . 

50 overs where rules are totally in favour of batsman...its foolish not to cash in

Just now, Lord said:

I felt that about you from the start tbh

ok fair enough. Nothing to discuss then. Summary: we don’t have the fire power or the right resources  to adapt England approach, never diverted from that belief, if you felt that way my bad.

Just now, maniac said:

As much as I criticized Dhoni, I had more faith in him to finish the game (which would still needed a miracle) than Jadeja.

everyone lived with his mythical image which hardly won us games in his last few yrs....he himself lost many games coz he didnt move on with time. 

I swear it shud be counted how many times his approach worked in last few yrs and % wud be under 10 and those games will also be under 250.

Indian top 3 is also living in a time thats gone, kohli although is talking about it but their is hardly any implementation . Sadly their arent many teams in world to expose it so we  go in world tournament on back of beating these times only to get a reality check

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

ok fair enough. Nothing to discuss then. Summary: we don’t have the fire power or the right resources  to adapt England approach, never diverted from that belief, if you felt that way my bad.

ok my closing comments would be that England didnt have resources when they changed their approach in 2015,still they did and backed players who played that way and that made the difference.Players fell in line and resources showed up.

5 minutes ago, maniac said:

what did you think of his approach from 40 overs till Jaddu got out?

u knw why guys like pant n pandya will have longer career then manish or rayudu's or in past yuvi or raina over someone like kaif (and he was quite a good player)

coz the day they work they ll win u games 90% outrightly provided its not some impossible task. 

LOI is all about match winner, even take Rohit xample was always backed over manoj tiwary or even for open against vijay coz dhoni knew on his days rohit will win u games.  

Now england has changed the definition of the game and these kind of players are more important now then any other time. Soon NZ will fully follow it with players like Finn allen, glenn philips and tim seifert

5 minutes ago, Lord said:

ok my closing comments would be that England didnt have resources when they changed their approach in 2015,still they did and backed players who played that way and that made the difference.Players fell in line and resources showed up.

That shud also be a lesson that it takes time ...

When u a build a team their wud be a lot of setbacks ....thats why patience is of utmost importance. 

When they decided to go for the leather from start to end in many games they use to get out by 40 over but morgan stuck by it. Coz even on days they did they got 320-330 by 40 overs