Fans need to understand England approach will not work for Indian team.

Watching 8-9 batsmen of England C and their technique and batting ability, England can afford to go boom boom till 4-5. Obviously 8-9 won’t bail you out every time.

Now watching Indias 7-11 no way we can afford to take high risks at the start. May be 1 or 2 players that’s about it. Different teams have different combos and skills and strategies to suit their strength.

Its really amazing that our fans don’t get this.

our bowlers Siraj,Bumrah,Shami,Chahal,Kuldeep, Saini etc etc no one can hold the bat and they might get a couple of slogs away once in a while or block for a few overs that doesn’t make them reliable at all.

Our strategy works for us and has been for a while. Don’t fix something that isn’t broken and as DK would say, stop staring at the neighbors wife.

We don't want to understand,we have a lineup of Dhawan,Rohit,Iyer,Kohli,KL they all take 20-30 deliveries to get their engine running

We cannot afford more than 1-2,decks are getting flatter with each day,

Spicey decks are rare,maybe we can strengthen our lowerMO

Our approach is totally flawed.  We can settle down in middle overs but no excuse for Powerplay batting.  You have to go hard in Powerplay as simple as that.  Spin usually chokes our run scoring in middle overs any way as our players don't sweep or slog sweep or play reverse sweep (except Pant) ..  And we nudge & prod towards the final 10.

Edited by Lone Wolf
45 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

2019 SF proves the Indian approach didn't work either. You can't screw around with the middle order leading up to the WC and then ask them to step up in the KO game. When we really needed a 45-0 in 10 overs kinda start, they shat themselves.

our team consolidates on pattas and goes missing in tough conditions.lose lose

England batting follows almighty Aussie batting strategy .

Whats the strategy- with 300 balls - try to make maximum out of it and its easy now with free hits, shorter grounds , 2 new balls, bigger bats and evolution of batting. 

Add Irfan at 8 and thakur at 9 we still will bat same coz this team plays safe cricket. Our 2011 batting had more intent then this not that we had some great tailender then. 

Also its about playing ur best XI- now can someone tell me how does dhawan, manish, iyer fit in India's best XI when u have better players for a 20 over game. We even play 20 over game in a safe way.

We Have world 2 best ODI players in Rohit n Kohli and dhawan will also be in top 10 but yet we choose to play safe. Teams dont become champions by playing safe cricket . 

2 hours ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

2019 SF proves the Indian approach didn't work either. You can't screw around with the middle order leading up to the WC and then ask them to step up in the KO game. When we really needed a 45-0 in 10 overs kinda start, they shat themselves.

look at the way teams use to play in PP back then....even if it 15 overs game but still check their scores at 10 over mark, This is when batting and bats have evolved so much.

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Hasnt our t20 approach been stale for years n years

Kohli is the best T20 bat in the world and Rohit gives as many jitters to the opposition as Gayle, Warner or any other great T20 opener you pick. We just don’t have a replacement for Dhawan in T20. For odi I think he is almost a 2nd tier ATG in that format. Rahul goes tuk tuk in T20I’s these days.

3 minutes ago, maniac said:

Kohli is the best T20 bat in the world and Rohit gives as many jitters to the opposition as Gayle, Warner or any other great T20 opener you pick. We just don’t have a replacement for Dhawan in T20. For odi I think he is almost a 2nd tier ATG in that format. Rahul goes tuk tuk in T20I’s these days.

He is batting the same way like kohli n Rohit although very low sample in international cricket, in franchise cricket his side is so bad that he has to . 

I dnt buy that we dont have a replacement for dhawan in t20- a guy who avg below 30 and s/r below 130 has no replacement with our strength....we just havent looked 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
2 minutes ago, maniac said:

Shaw,Kishan even Mayank can replace Dhawan

2 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Long long ago,not now

At best we can afford a Rohit in t20s not a regiment of slow starters

Dhawan,Rohit,Kohli,Iyer,Rahul its a dream lineup for opposition in Lois

Dhawan as opener and Iyer as 4-5 are fine for ODIs. I agree they are not a solution for T20.

Rahul needs to hear some gunshot or a kick on his back as he has the ability.

Rohit and Kohli are alright. We need their class  in all formats unless they have a loss of form.