Ponting and Warne - Useless in India

Rohip

I've always said that these two just cant handle Indian conditions but was told it was because they had no time to adjust or that they didnt have enough games. The IPL has proven that these two in India are like Kaneria bowling abroad and Inzamam batting in Australia

Ponting is not in form....thanks to Mr. Sharma :giggle: Warne is doing alright. he is doing well with the ball, but his captaining/coaching skills are pretty good. Rajasthan had the 'weakest' team on paper, but they have done very well with the team they have.

Warne can turn stuff on these pitches. He's had some success against Dravid, Ganguly, and to a lesser extent, Laxman. But against Sachin, 9999/10000 times, he's been defeated. I haven't seen too many people pick him in this tournament either. He's the leading wicket taker by the way.

yea, warney been good ponting sucks... wise decision to pay him less :D
7 sixes, 140* WC 2003 Final vs. India , 359/2 final score. Final Score of India: 239/10 in < 40 overs. 2 World Cups 165 in 105 balls in that 434 match against SA. 16 successive wins in test matches 5-0 Win as captain in the 2006-07 Ashes, the first since like 1930s. Hardly supports your argument. As a batsman, he's next only to Bradman (in Australia). He was an *** in that 07-08 tour of India in Australia. But he's awesome as a batsman.

Ponting's not the batsman that we saw even in the 2006 Ashes. Apart from that 100 against us in the 4th test at Adelaide, I dont know if he has done anything worthwhile at all, since the end of WC 07. He had an average series against us and Lanka, struggled in the CB series and his form has deserted him again in the IPL.

am talking about in india tests 8 14 0 1 0 60 172 12.29 15 0 avg. of 36 in ODIs
Yeah, its strange how all these really awesome batsmen have that one glitch on their resume. With Sachin, its NZ. Ponting - India. Even Bradman was always said to have under-achieved on damp and sticky wickets. Law of averages, I guess.

Yeah' date=' its strange how all these really awesome batsmen have that [i']one glitch on their resume. With Sachin, its NZ. Ponting - India. Even Bradman was always said to have under-achieved on damp and sticky wickets. Law of averages, I guess.
I dont think Bradman played on enough variety of wickets. He played almost all his matches in Australia and England and some in New Zealand. I always wonder how he would have played in India. We will never know.