Shoaib cleared to play in IPL

CricketMeriJaan

I don't think SRK has anything to do with it. I think its most likely internal struggles in PCB that led to the 'suspension' of his 'ban'. Since L. Modi had already made a statement that he's not going to let S.Akhtar play in the tournament, PCB probably felt bad for him that he's banned for 5 years, has to answer a defamation case, etc. so they suspended a ban. *Sigh* I can't wait for KKR to play Delhi so Sehwag can have a hit. :D

I don't think SRK has anything to do with it. I think its most likely internal struggles in PCB that led to the 'suspension' of his 'ban'. Since L. Modi had already made a statement that he's not going to let S.Akhtar play in the tournament' date=' PCB probably felt bad for him that he's banned for 5 years, has to answer a defamation case, etc. so they suspended a ban. *Sigh* I can't wait for KKR to play Delhi so Sehwag can have a hit. :D[/quote'] kolkata should drop hafeez..take akhtar,drop agarkar..take a batsman,play dinda or murali based on pitch.hafeez is not clicking..playing akash chopra or c pujara would be good

kolkata should drop hafeez..take akhtar' date='drop agarkar..take a batsman,play dinda or murali based on pitch.hafeez is not clicking..playing akash chopra or c pujara would be good[/quote'] Agreed. I think they ought to stop selecting Hafeez and Butt when they haven't performed.

Agreed. I think they ought to stop selecting Hafeez and Butt when they haven't performed.
yea pakistani batsmen havent fired on that team. time to bring in some good local talent such as Pujara, Chopra etc.

if SRK is doing all this to bring back Akthar, then hes real stupid... what KKR needs rite now is some batsman and not the bowler... if Akthar plays, he will be thrashed to all parts of the park....im glad sharukh will stand as a stupid dumb fuk at the end.. he deserves it... and oh MOdi is a hypocrite....
Ofcourse not ,the chucker will chuck his heart out to prove every one worng out there .Unlike bowlers he doesn't need match practise ,come and chuck thats all.

1. Ganguly 2. Pujara 3. Hodge 4. Hussey 5. Saha 6. Shukla 7. Karthik 8. Akhtar 9. Dinda 10. Gul 11. Sharma -wow thats a good team right there
Tail starts from #6 onwards. Shukla has hit a few here and there - but he can be out cheaply...and after that its smooth sailing downwards. In fact, I've only seen one good knock from Saha

Akhtar has always been a conundrum. The man' date= makes more news than sense, creates more antics than action and has more accent than grammar. Expect this legend, to take IPL as seriously as test cricket. His breathtaking 4 over spells, followed by his frequent visits to the bathroom, fortunately, is all that is expected of him in the IPL. IPL will also benefit from his speeches (esp, since Bhajji's ouster, there is no one giving inspiring speeches as frequently) and will be one helluva hit, once he is back. He has chosen the right team, as well. No one can accuse him of being a loser who is hurting his team. Loser, alright, but he wont hurt Kolkatta any further. There are already 10 others working on it fulltime. IPL must consider increasing this man's wages, in self-interest, as he is likely to give it all back in fines.
wow! :hatsoff:

Is it me or pakistani players seem more desperate to play for their indian masters than their own country...hell even ICL bought their very own pakistani team even though players had to sacrifice their national spot.

'Once Shoaib sees babes, he'll be able to perform' New Delhi, May 6:: Slamming Shoaib Akhtar and the PCB for brokering a deal to suspend the bowler's five-year ban to facilitate his IPL stint, former Pakistan captain Wasim Akram described the entire episode was a 'drama' which could make a 'hit Bollywood comedy'. A Pakistan Cricket Board-appointed tribunal had upheld the five-year-ban on Akhtar but suspended it for one month besides the PCB Chief Naseem Ashraf also dropped a defamation suit against the fast bowler through political intervention. Akram said he was baffled by the way PCB allowed Akhtar to weave his way out of the mess he had landed himself in by using political help. "First you ban him and then you suspend it to facilitate something. After that, Naseemsaab and Shoaib are on TV, a politician mediates to sort out the matter and then Naseemsaab drops his case. I think a good Bollywood director can make a hit comedy film," Akram said. "And, Shoaib should eventually join politics. He will really do well there," added Akram sarcastically. Akram did not stop there and said 'publicity-hungry' Akhtar will be all fired up in the Indian Premier League. "Once Shoaib sees the crowd and, of course, the babes around, I think he'll be able to perform. It will take him just a couple of games to get fit and since he has to bowl just four overs in a match, he doesn't need much fitness," Akram said of the fast bowler who was bought for USD 425,000 by Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan's Kolkata Knight Riders.