Future cricket headlines in the next year or two

Right now Ban suspended - Shoaib cleared to play in IPL. Soon after... PCB reinstates 5 year ban on Shoaib Akhtar Shoaib Akhtar appeals against ban Tribunal lifts ban temporarily - Shoaib cleared to play in Champions Trophy Akhtar banned for 6 years for disciplinary reasons Akhtar named in squad for Australian tour with intervention of new PCB chairman Shoaib dropped from squad over disciplinary and commitment concerns. PCB re-reinstates 5 year ban on Shoaib Akhtar. PCB extends ban on Shoaib Akhtar to life. Shoaib cleared to play in IPL again as ban suspended Shoaib named captain to tour India Life ban reinstated following Pakistan's series defeat Tribunal lifts Shoaib ban for England tour following appeal. Etc, etc, etc. It's beyond a joke now.

Guest HariSampath

ICC bans PCB BCCI bans ICC IPL bans BCCI Readers would of course remember that late last year in Oct 2010, Kolkatta Knightriders had acquired IPL, which is a majority stakeholder in BCCI ,and so the Executive Director of Kolkatta Knightriders and now Chairman of IPL , Mr Shoaib Akthar had earlier issued a statement that the ban imposed by the PCB in 2008 was now infructuous.

ICC bans PCB BCCI bans ICC IPL bans BCCI
ICF bans Hari sampath for defaming RD and SG. RD and SG have pursued defamation lawsuit of 20 Million USD on Hari Sampath. Bettle has agreed to fight the case for RD against Hari Sampath. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
Guest HariSampath
Stanford Modi partnership takes test cricket close to an innings defeat
Do you know any sporting contest that can last 30 hours and still produce no result ? I think there is an answer somewhere there.
Judging from your absence from the IPL forum' date=' I'm guessing you are not very approving of that tournament.[/quote'] well lets just say that i am not overly pleased at the way game is being totally handed over to the businessmen.
Do you know any sporting contest that can last 30 hours and still produce no result ? I think there is an answer somewhere there.
so what if there is no result? In fact i see it as a positive thing because a draw adds another dimension to the game.
Guest HariSampath
well lets just say that i am not overly pleased at the way game is being totally handed over to the businessmen. so what if there is no result? In fact i see it as a positive thing because a draw adds another dimension to the game.
It is a very important issue : a result. Sporting contests are all expected to have a result, and it is around this concept all games are designed. I cannot imagine a 100m race in the Olympics having "no result"..someone is always better than others. It is only in Chess that a "draw" is offered when there is a deadlock and the players get 1/2 point each. And this "draw" in cricket becomes ridiculous when after playing for 5 days, we still cannot say who played better , and is suitably recognized. This is why test cricket will decline...it has been doing so for the last 20 years of its existence.
Guest whineleg
EPL: manchester united beats chelsea by 32 runs after tendulkar 75 off 42 balls
The paperz then would also add "Worshipperz celebrate SRT finally playing unselfishly and not for a milestone!"

Year 2020 ------------ Five5 threatening Twenty20 cricket after reigning the sport for 12 years. India wins the first five5 WorldCup beating Pakistan in a bowl-out. Jr, Tendulkar scores a 10-ball 100 (with newly invented double-boundary rules and 5 free-hits on a no-ball/wideball) Bowlers replaced by bowling machine in Five5. All Bowlers in the sport retire all at once. All Bowlers commit mass suicide.

continuing to coffee_rules year 2030: test cricket back as the main event after 15 years odi cricket back as secondary event 20/20 cricket banned dravid jr. scores a 237-ball 24 as india make 81/1 off 93 overs at end of day 1 mass uprising in bowling explosive batsman planning to commit suicide

Guest HariSampath

^ and Amits Jr on ICF starting a thread "plz help, I need a gf in 3 days, daddy said this is best place"