Australia just won the T20 World Cup.

But yet there is almost complete silence in the Aussie media, there is no mentions of it, just little sections in the sports section that mention it. But seems like the media is not even interested that we won our first T20 WC.

What is going on? Even after the 2015 ODI World Cup no headlines, no one in Australia even knows we won the 2015 ODI WC.

I know Aussies like cricket, but this is ridiculous. 

Edited by SujitPrakash
1 minute ago, SujitPrakash said:

But yet there is almost complete silence in the Aussie media, there is no mentions of it, just little sections in the sports section that mention it. But seems like the media is not even interested that we won our first T20 WC.

What is going on? Even after the 2015 ODI World Cup no headlines, no one in Australia even knows we won the 2015 ODI WC.

I know Aussies like cricket, but this is ridiculous. 

Maybe this is the equivalent of Indian Hockey Men's Team winning the FIH Men's World Cup and the media hardly even reporting it outside of scroller down. 

1 minute ago, Adi_91 said:

Maybe this is the equivalent of Indian Hockey Men's Team winning the FIH Men's World Cup and the media hardly even reporting it outside of scroller down. 

Yeah, but Aussies usually celebrate all sports, so not seeing any headlines in the media is like we didn't even win anything.

3 minutes ago, SujitPrakash said:

HAHAHA, that is very true, don't even care about a WC international WIN. :whack:

I remember they were very interested in reporting India pulling out of England test than any other thing. So it is not always not cricket that dominates, but it is odd sitting here for me to understand how their fan base works.

4 minutes ago, Adi_91 said:

I remember they were very interested in reporting India pulling out of England test than any other thing. So it is not always not cricket that dominates, but it is odd sitting here for me to understand how their fan base works.

Been living in Australia for a decade now, but Aussies seem to celebrate the Olympics, AFL etc more than cricket.

I could be wrong.

Even at my kids school the kids are more interested in AFL other activities/sports than cricket.

Is that a bad thing? Too much choice? 

Edited by SujitPrakash
6 minutes ago, SujitPrakash said:

Been living in Australia for a decade now, but Aussies seem to celebrate the Olympics, AFL etc more than cricket.

I could be wrong.

Even at my kids school the kids are more interested in AFL other activities/sports than cricket.

Interesting. Always had the incorrect impression of Aus until recently. Maybe explains why their cricket is not strong anymore?

25 minutes ago, SujitPrakash said:

I could be wrong.

Only rich kids can afford to play cricket. 

Warehouse cricket alone costs 30 dollars a week. 

Grade costs more with insurance. It's a lot of expenses. 

Many still like cricket but no one cares about LOI. 

They care about ashes and border gavaskar trophy these days. 

India doesn't give shits about t20 either tbh 

5 minutes ago, Jay said:

Only rich kids can afford to play cricket. 

Warehouse cricket alone costs 30 dollars a week. 

Grade costs more with insurance. It's a lot of expenses. 

Many still like cricket but no one cares about LOI. 

They care about ashes and border gavaskar trophy these days. 

India doesn't give shits about t20 either tbh 

You are very wrong.

They have a lot of junior cricket, and most of the kids aren't rich, poor, middle class.

Anyone and everyone gets access to the best facilities in all sports, they play indoor cricket in winter etc.

By Aussie standards we are middle class, and my daughters are encouraged to try everything and anything.

Nothing to do with only rich play cricket.

One of my daughters said she wanted to be a dancer so at school they encouraged her to try it.

30 minutes ago, Adi_91 said:

Interesting. Always had the incorrect impression of Aus until recently. Maybe explains why their cricket is not strong anymore?

Not sure why, it's pretty complicated.

Guess Aussies love the outdoors and they get access to many sports and activities, could be a cultural thing as well.

2 minutes ago, SujitPrakash said:

You are very wrong.

They have a lot of junior cricket, and most of the kids aren't rich, poor, middle class.

Anyone and everyone gets access to the best facilities in all sports, they play indoor cricket in winter etc.

By Aussie standards we are middle class, and my daughters are encouraged to try everything and anything.

Nothing to do with only rich play cricket.

One of my daughters said she wanted to be a dancer so at school they encouraged her to try it.

If you are on the poorer side,the only way you get access to AIS etc is via scholarships. You would need to have natural talent. 

I played grade cricket in Brisbane. Most of the people I played with were above average in terms of income. Some even from private schools etc. Private schools that costs 20 k yo 30 k a year. 

Yea there are a few odd players from average households but most are generally above average. Vast majority. 

Crickrt especially grade crickrt for (first class) is expensive. You have to be able to afford the gear insurance etc. 

4 minutes ago, SujitPrakash said:

Not sure why, it's pretty complicated.

Guess Aussies love the outdoors and they get access to many sports and activities, could be a cultural thing as well.

It'd rugby, afl then cricket and soccer. 

Hockey 5th. 

No one cares about the rest. 

Ufc is getting popular now. 

8 minutes ago, Jay said:

It'd rugby, afl then cricket and soccer. 

Hockey 5th. 

No one cares about the rest. 

Ufc is getting popular now. 

Yeah, UFC and MMA seem to be kicking off now.

Do you think it's a cultural things with Aussies? Because they seem to give more value to the Olympics etc than cricket.

Edited by SujitPrakash
9 minutes ago, SujitPrakash said:

Yeah, UFC and MMA seem to be kicking off now.

Do you think it's a cultural things with Aussies? Because they seem to give more value to the Olympics etc than cricket.

I think it's due to the length of games in cricket. Look at the duration of a test match. It's exhilarating but it's far too time consuming. Even odi takes 8 hours to complete one game. 

T20 is well t20. No one takes it seriously. It's used more as a tool to build your skills and prepare for the odi world cup 

Ufc fights only take 15-25 minutes to finish per fight that interest you. Time is key. I love mma too. I train at a kickboxing gym myself. 

Edited by Jay
Just now, Jay said:

I think it's due to the length of games in cricket. Look at the duration of a test match. It's exhilarating but it's far too time consuming. Even odi takes 8 hours to complete one game. 

T20 is well t20. No one takes it seriously. It's used more as a tool to build your skills and prepare for the odi world cup 

Yeah fair point, other reason is that Aussies pitches these days are flat as a pancake could be another reason.

Aussies seem to love physical sports like AFL, Rugby etc.

6 minutes ago, SujitPrakash said:

Yeah fair point, other reason is that Aussies pitches these days are flat as a pancake could be another reason.

Aussies seem to love physical sports like AFL, Rugby etc.

Cricket is quite dangerous. You get hit by a bouncer quite often. Broken bones etc. Yes Aussies like contact sport. They like to feel tough and pretend to be hard sons of b's. 

Most Aussies are trades too. Doesn't mean they are tough but they like to feel tougher than pommies. 

1 minute ago, Vilander said:

You went to Australia like 5 years back right you don’t get to say we they don’t consider you we and all that :laugh: you are like cheap labour to aussies like rest of your Indian brothers and sisters , like santals gonds etc. we apparently lol

Rather be "cheap laborer" in Australia than "cheap laborer" in India.

Rather be treated like a human being, enjoy the quality of life we get in Australia being a "cheap laborer", and being respected by everyone. 

But what do I know.