Hyperloop - When do you think will be ready?

dial_100

Safe enough for passengers to travel  

5 members have voted

1. 1. When will hyperloop be ready / operational for passengers??

• 2 - 4 years
    • 4 - 8 years
    • 8 - 10 Years
    • 10+ years
    • Cant say, the implementation is not feasible.

The great concept & super technology yet dozens of problems. Please cast your vote when do you think it will be ready / operational?? This is about technology being safe enough for passengers.

Let us discuss the technology, usages and research in India context for domestic use.

I personally feel this technology is 10+ years away. Many of these challenges could almost make it impossible to implement. But I think we will continue to pursue and solve various problems.

Here are the challenges in implementing this technology.

1.  Massive cost to build and operate
  2.  Maintaining vacuum or low pressure tube
  3.  Maintaining Levitation height
  4.  Maintaining level, avoiding sudden curves (lateral and vertical, unevenness)
  5.  Entry exit from vacuum tubes for stoppages
  6.  Land acquisition
  7.  Security
  8.  Cost justification with low ROI

I will put advantages in the next post.

'new' tech with expensive capital requirements require either strong state backing or a crazy billionaire  ready to pump big chunk of his fortune at it. 

Musk is all about Mars - everything he does is towards this end.  Hyperloop is a nice to have for him, and he's not going to spend for it.  

If the CCP gets behind hyperloop now or within 4-5 years, it can happen in the near term. 

Rest of the other projects are mere prototype, proof of concept stuff.  Don't see passenger level implementation in a viable actual use-case anytime soon.  

The Bullet train is ideal for India, especially built by Japan and tech transfer and education for our engineers in a country like Japan will be awesome.

I love the hyperloop but for a poor country like India is going to be too expensive.

Australia is ideal for the bullet train or the hyperloop, but for some reason Australia is reluctant to invest in stuff like this.

Edited by SujitPrakash

3 hours ago, SujitPrakash said:

The Bullet train is ideal for India, especially built by Japan and tech transfer and education for our engineers in a country like Japan will be awesome.

I love the hyperloop but for a poor country like India is going to be too expensive.

Australia is ideal for the bullet train or the hyperloop, but for some reason Australia is reluctant to invest in stuff like this.

They don't have the population density and hence the passenger loads to really make it a proftiable or (non-huge loss making) proposition.

17 hours ago, sandeep said:

They don't have the population density and hence the passenger loads to really make it a proftiable or (non-huge loss making) proposition.

Yeah, and Aussies love their road trips, Australia is a beautiful country for long road trips, and they only use trains in the cities to commute to work and back home.