RIP Bob Saget.

BacktoCricaddict

Not sure if there are any fans of Bob Saget here.  "Full House" was one of my favorite sitcoms to watch in the '90s. He had a lead role of a widower dad raising 3 daughters and supporting his brother and a friend, who also helped raise the children.  Wasn't aware that he also had a successful stand-up career.  Evidently was a really nice guy in real life too.  Was found dead a couple of days ago in his hotel room in Orlando, FL after a stand-up performance.  65 y.o.

https://apnews.com/article/bob-saget-dead-4400459ad227dc804a9331fba38a7c57

FILE - In this Aug. 3, 2008, file photo, actor and roastee Bob Saget speaks at the "Comedy Central Roast of Bob Saget," in Burbank, Calif. Saget, a comedian and actor known for his role as a widower raising a trio of daughters in the sitcom “Full House,” has died, according to authorities in Florida, Sunday, Jan. 9, 2022. He was 65. (AP Photo/Dan Steinberg, File)

2 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Roasts are not facts.

True ... I hope I jumped the gun there.  That whole routine was tasteless crap.  

Added in edit:  I tend to be very suspicious of the character of celebrities, especially Hollywood types.  This suspicion was exacerbated by the Weinstein and Bill Cosby cases, and my default position is to feel like they are all toxic people who can charm their way out of anything (which also makes them good actors).  So, while I was pleasantly surprised to see that Saget was untainted, I fell back to my (probably unfair) knee-jerk position when I watched the video.  

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

12 hours ago, MultiB48 said:

you know there is some truth to it because its not on youtube. youtube has been censoring and even videos I viewed a few months ago are no more.

9 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Roasts are not facts.

They put out some truths about the industry in roasts and comedy shows. Its called truth in plain sight only hidden by the way its presented. They put out the information just like all legal info and pharma ads are put in fine print and read quickly before anyone notices. They do this because in their minds, releasing the info before hand makes them not guilty in the eyes of their LORD and by viewing and accepting (because it is meant to be funny), you have granted your consent to the sick things that goes on in their industry. I used to laugh at these shows before in ignorance. But once I realized what's happening, I don't anymore.