Amit Mishra is twice the bowler that Chawla is

The Outsider

.... Amit is one of the bigger turners i have seen and in the end' date=' tht is the critical thing for a wrist spinner unless u r a freak like kumble... [/quote'] Excuse me, "big turn" is how warne prized out kirsten and gibbs in the 99 WC semis. I can bet a trillion amit will never bowl those deliveries.
Piyush, if he doesnt learn to turn the ball more, will be found out at the international level.....
You will be sorely disappointed. Some people are born to play international cricket. its apparent in their talent immediately.

Okay' date=' I am not any biomechanics expert. As for line and length, he is alright but more importantly doesn't have a lot of work on his leg break.[/quote'] you don't have to be. you can still discern quality. for instance how yusuf struggled against mcgrath's line and length. All the "superior players" whether cricket or tennis or soccer stand out with the quality of their games.
He might become another Kumble ie. successful without turning it a lot but Kumble has been more of an exception as far as successful leg spinners go.
he has been taking wickets even in this tourno ,not best suited for him.people have their own way of taking wickets. In the end all it matters is whether you can confound the batsman in some way. if you ask sangakarra, he does think chawla has lot of "skill and guile".
today Mishra is a much better bowler and deserves to be selected ahead of Chawla.
There is no basis for such a comment.

Regarding the comparison with Warne' date=' he did not get his first couple of chances on raging turners like Chawla did and neither did Chawla have to bowl to the likes of Shastri and Tendulkar on debut.[/quote'] totally irrelevant and Missing the real point. that young people have incomplete and immature games.

It's hard to judge players based on what they do in this form of the game, but Amit seems to be the kind of bowler who knows how to use his brains. He cuts down on flight, bowls wicket to wicket and has just enough variation to be a tricky customer. His dismissal of Gibbs was real sweet - he caught him coming down the track and bowled one which came in and knocked out his middle stump. He should be a permanent fixture in Delhi's bowling attack

Though not the best of formats to judge a player' date=' great to see Mishra holding more than his own against quality batsmen. Hopefully, he'll shift to the Elite group in Ranji this year to increase his chances of breaking into the Indian team.[/quote'] All the best to this talented leggy...:two_thumbs_up:

he beat the batsmen quite a few times today from what I saw
Yeah no batsman really figured him out. He looked a bit like Shane Warne (maybe it was just me!). An exciting prospect...was cool and smart under pressure - especially when he slipped in the googly to the lefty Ojha!

Absolutely not. Chawla is more youthful, and can run around in the outfield much quicker and can also bat a little bit better. I mean, UP play him at 6 so he HAS to be a really quality multidimensional prospect, right? Mishra's only got a superior record in f/c cricket with the ball and a stunning strike rate, but he's not got the youthful fearlessness of Chawla or that young energy and all round potential.
ROFL!!!