IPL win manthra

coffee_rules

that will typically win you a ODI as well and possibly a test match also.
look at the last odi between aus & sl. aus lost despite a quickfire 100+ opening pship also, in 20/20, ind lost to nz despite a explosive start by sehwag & gambhir. we were about 70/0 in 6 overs in that match, yet we lost :mad:

There is no time for a rear-guard action. Top order success means a win. A better top order success in a chase or set up also means a win. Except for that oen match where Warne scored 17 runs in the last over, I have not seen a close match where there was a rearguard that resulted in a win. Stupid sport.

There is no time for a rear-guard action. Top order success means a win. A better top order success in a chase or set up also means a win. Except for that oen match where Warne scored 17 runs in the last over' date=' [b']I have not seen a close match where there was a rearguard that resulted in a win. Stupid sport.
Ind v RSA - T20WC Ind v Pak - T20WC(Prelims)

There is no time for a rear-guard action. Top order success means a win. A better top order success in a chase or set up also means a win. Except for that oen match where Warne scored 17 runs in the last over' date=' I have not seen a close match where there was a rearguard that resulted in a win. [b']Stupid sport.
Lol, thats a really unfounded statement. You have conveniently forgotten how incredibly difficult it is, to give those 'top order successes' in T20. Only the best and the most talented opening pair can give rollicking starts at an unfailing regularity. Its really really tough to come and slog from the word go and yet keep your wicket intact. In fact, I am pretty sure the average opening stand for T20 wont be more 25-30.. Its no wonder that teams that start well go on to win, coz its really tough to do that in T20.

One can be successful at the top will dollups of luck too. I am pretty sure all of these great top order scorers will do jack shiite in test cricket with all their skill (unless he is named Sehwag). Stupid game. Team wins because of some mad slogging up the top. 5 overs of adrenaline and rest is predictable. Stupid sport, again.

One can be successful at the top will dollups of luck too. I am pretty sure all of these great top order scorers will do jack shiite in test cricket with all their skill (unless he is named Sehwag). Stupid game. Team wins because of some mad slogging up the top. 5 overs of adrenaline and rest is predictable. Stupid sport' date=' again.[/quote'] I vehemently disagree. Can you point out to just three examples where have openers have come in and 'madly slogged' and scored consistently? Just look at the kind of names who have succeeded at the top so far. Sehwag, McCullum, Hayden, Gilly, Sanath, Gambhir etc... All the other pretenders gone bust. These are names that have done equally well in every form of the game, be it test, ODI or T20. Its not easy to come and hit out from the word go, from the very beginning of the innings. And if a team manages to do that, then they deserve to win that T20 match.

some of the points in this thread prove it y i hate 20/20 in odis & test cricket, there is always a time to bounce back. say, in odis u r 40/4 after 10 overs, put together a 120 run pship in 30 overs, reach 160/4 in 40 overs & try for about 90 runs in last 10 & u get to 250, which can prove winnable. 20/20 does not give time to bounce back. in test cricket, teams can win despite being 60/4 at the start, or lose despite being 100/0 at the start

some of the points in this thread prove it y i hate 20/20
Stop the keyboard abuse.
in odis & test cricket, there is always a time to bounce back. say, in odis u r 40/4 after 10 overs, put together a 120 run pship in 30 overs, reach 160/4 in 40 overs & try for about 90 runs in last 10 & u get to 250, which can prove winnable. 20/20 does not give time to bounce back. in test cricket, teams can win despite being 60/4 at the start, or lose despite being 100/0 at the start
When you can make a girlfriend in 9 dayz, why cant batsmen make runz in 20 overz ?