Home Ministry orders bringing Village Defence committees back to J&K

Lone Wolf

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

They should settle retired armed forces men who wants to move to Kashmir and arm them in communities. A few terrorists who get killed by them will serve as a deterrent.

Colonies would be a start but VDC is based on arming local youth & irregular militias of sorts.  They might not try it out as of now in Kashmir but far flung areas of Jammu & hilly regions like Poonch Rajouri( spike in terror activities there)  will most likely be first to get a go. 

11 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Colonies would be a start but VDC is based on arming local youth & irregular militias of sorts.  They might not try it out as of now in Kashmir but far flung areas of Jammu & hilly regions like Poonch Rajouri( spike in terror activities there)  will most likely be first to get a go. 

You mean Kashmiri Pandit youths and militias? I hope thats even a thing that KPs want to do

1 minute ago, LordPrabhzy said:

You mean Kashmiri Pandit youths and militias? I hope thats even a thing that KPs want to do

KP youths are doing jobs & business in rest of the country.  They ain't coming. 

Scheme was created in late 90's to curb terrorism in Kishtwar & Doda.  Basically it was on the verge of another Kashmir.  Local Hindu youths were given arms & training.  And was a successful operation.  They still exist even today..  Even though numbers are dwindled as it was discontinued after peace prevailed in 2007-08.  In Jammu armed licenses were issued in great numbers & people joined in villages. Outside of UP state has highest number of civilian arms. 

I am suspecting they will go to similar route but by adding Rajouri Poonch & probably North Kashmir or Budgam to an extent. 

12 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

KP youths are doing jobs & business in rest of the country.  They ain't coming. 

Scheme was created in late 90's to curb terrorism in Kishtwar & Doda.  Basically it was on the verge of another Kashmir.  Local Hindu youths were given arms & training.  And was a successful operation.  They still exist even today..  Even though numbers are dwindled as it was discontinued after peace prevailed in 2007-08.  In Jammu armed licenses were issued in great numbers & people joined in villages. Outside of UP state has highest number of civilian arms. 

I am suspecting they will go to similar route but by adding Rajouri Poonch & probably North Kashmir or Budgam to an extent. 

My utlimate aim to understand if arms are going to be supplied to Hindus or muslims- if the latter then im very apprehensive. Unless arms are provided to hindus in Kashmir valley then not much use. Unless there are pockets of Jammu where there is a threat to local hindus

1 hour ago, LordPrabhzy said:

My utlimate aim to understand if arms are going to be supplied to Hindus or muslims- if the latter then im very apprehensive. Unless arms are provided to hindus in Kashmir valley then not much use. Unless there are pockets of Jammu where there is a threat to local hindus

That's the catch...  Which is why it will be interesting to see how it carries out in the valley if at all...  Or they would import hindu youth from nearby districts.   Previously they didn't had to worry about recruits in other regions.  Let's see they might end up surprising everyone.