INS Vikrant

coffee_rules

Just now, Khota said:

Did you not read what I linked to?

Not sure why I am responding to this - but did you not read what I wrote after that? Also, pls show simulation in that article you claim as your bible.

Since you have obviously not read your own article - it says China has a lot of ships and subs - some of which are technologically more advanced than ours. It says they are "building" (not built) bases in certain countries. But those countries do not allow docking of naval ships atm - both Myanmar, SL etc. Only Djibouti will probably do so. The one in Pak is useless for military ships as it will have to pass through our waters in the Arabian sea - so they cannot have anything there. The article also says we need to ramp up our sub tech and gives one example of a Chinese sub. Now all this would be meaningful if we had to invade China - which obviously we cannot.

However, in a defensive battle - India has a big advantage as it can just blockade Chinese trade routes (over which more than 60%) of their trade is done. They will be helpless to do anything about it as all our navy is there whereas they cannot send all their navy here. Moreover, we have our entire airforce that can be used as well - which they cannot. This means in a defensive battle they have no chance over our navy despite having way more ships and subs - since most are needed in the Pacific and S.China Sea where they face multiple threats in the US, Japan, S.Korea and Aus at the minimum and also Vietnam in the straits. 

They cannot invade Andaman and Nicobar in an amphibious assault cannot be done with a strong base and cannot be over 3k km which makes them sitting ducks for our airforce. As far as a defensive battle goes - China cannot win. If you say otherwise pls show something that actually is a simulation and not just a comparison of numbers.

Just now, Khota said:

If no other country intervenes China beats India over there.

To beat India over there, China must launch amphibious assault over Andaman. Thats what I was referring too. And the way I see it, China can not take  Andaman from us as we can attack Mallacca Strait. Do you think Chinese are stupid not to know this reality? Hence that Silk route and BRI is being created.

Just spend some time to understand this. This is 2020 video. Since then Japanese have mooved in to help devloping what the General is saying

1 hour ago, bharathh said:

Not sure why I am responding to this - but did you not read what I wrote after that? Also, pls show simulation in that article you claim as your bible.

Since you have obviously not read your own article - it says China has a lot of ships and subs - some of which are technologically more advanced than ours. It says they are "building" (not built) bases in certain countries. But those countries do not allow docking of naval ships atm - both Myanmar, SL etc. Only Djibouti will probably do so. The one in Pak is useless for military ships as it will have to pass through our waters in the Arabian sea - so they cannot have anything there. The article also says we need to ramp up our sub tech and gives one example of a Chinese sub. Now all this would be meaningful if we had to invade China - which obviously we cannot.

However, in a defensive battle - India has a big advantage as it can just blockade Chinese trade routes (over which more than 60%) of their trade is done. They will be helpless to do anything about it as all our navy is there whereas they cannot send all their navy here. Moreover, we have our entire airforce that can be used as well - which they cannot. This means in a defensive battle they have no chance over our navy despite having way more ships and subs - since most are needed in the Pacific and S.China Sea where they face multiple threats in the US, Japan, S.Korea and Aus at the minimum and also Vietnam in the straits. 

They cannot invade Andaman and Nicobar in an amphibious assault cannot be done with a strong base and cannot be over 3k km which makes them sitting ducks for our airforce. As far as a defensive battle goes - China cannot win. If you say otherwise pls show something that actually is a simulation and not just a comparison of numbers.

Reading and understanding are two different things.

Read in between the lines. They can project power from a further distance. Do you get that? At that point it is game over.