Time for ZK to retire from ODIS?

Time for ZK to retire from ODIS?  

1. 1.

• Yes, He needs to retire from ODIs and concentrate on tests
    • No- but he needs to cut down on odiers
    • No- he needs to play both the odis and the tests
    • Maybe

ZK in ODIS in the last 12 months filtered 22 145 31* 16.11 0 22 2/40 43.90 0 2 0 22 matches 22 wkts at an average of 43.90 IN tests filtered 6 48 11 9.60 0 28 5/75 26.57 1 2 0 28 wkts from 6 matches at an impressive average of 26.57 We all saw what ZK did on the england tour as well as the saf tour as well as the placid pitches in bangladesh and ofcourse the Melbourne match down under. TBH, I think ZK seriously needs either retire from ODIs or seriously cut down on meaningless odis hence less chances of getting injured. We seriously need ZK in form if we want to win the sl series, aus series and as well as the eng series. In addition, we need him to groom ishant, rp, and sree ofcourse.

chill down. we don't have great bowlers. our current set of odi/test bowlers who have been performing and impressing recently aren't really joel garners or Malcolm Marshalz or Akramz or Thompsonz. Zak is perhapz still one of the best bowler in India today, regardless of how he is perfomring. don't look the recent numbers, use the brain. the more cricket he plays the better it is. we need him in ODI'S TOO..

He's the lead bowler for our Test Team. I think I agree with you though. He can deliver very well in the Test Matches but is unable to have the same kind of success in the ODIs. I'm not sure he'll like it if he is dropped from the ODI team. He comes from the same mould as several of our seniors of paying more attention to the primary skill and fielding as a secondary priority.

Ishant isn't a certainty yet he's had one good series vs aus lets not get over excited
read my whole post. I'm saying should we preserve him for tests where we NEED HIM the most. i mean we will play sl in sl, aus and eng at home. Me thinks, we will need a fully fit zaheer for us.

well he need not retire frm ODIs..but v need to rotate him for sure..of late he has not been that gud in ODIs but still he is our main bowler and a fully fit Zaheer is always a threat to any opposition..i hope he picks imp tours to play and skips the rest..like say champions trophy or against the aussies..v definitely need him in our test squad..so v jus need to rotate our bowlers around giving ZK and Ishant adequate rest and keeping them fit for the test series..

I partly agree with you. I think he needs to be rested from meaningless games but if we do that then he will be out of practise in ODI cricket for meaningful games. We need to have him in the ODI squad and he should play most of the live ODI games and miss the dead rubbers. For example he should play the first 2 games of a 5 match series and if we win both then we can perhaps rest him for the 3rd. if we win the 3rd then no need to play him for any of the other games.