Hindenburg group accuses Adani group of fraud

gattaca

1 hour ago, mishra said:

Is Hindenburg as a Brikerage Firm is in Business of Financial regulation? Why do you think this one partcular report whose intended objective was to Support "Sell" rating is sueable?

Bottomline is They just made Chewtiya out of other market players and made money by short selling. There is nothing illegal in that.

How did they fool everyone when they said stock manipulation was going on?

1 hour ago, Khota said:

Adani Group Reportedly Hires Top U.S. Law Firm Over Fraud Allegations As Stocks Continue To Tank

Adani Group Reportedly Hires Top U.S. Law Firm Over Fraud Allegations As Stocks Continue To Tank (forbes.com)

Why did they back off?

Because, Hindenburg didnt do anything unlawful. Atleast in my eyes. May be lawyer told them same

Edited by mishra

1 hour ago, Khota said:

How did they fool everyone when they said stock manipulation was going on?

Who cares? Hindenburg made money, Adanis probably bought more shares themselves (I am guessing, let me know if that didn't happen). Win win for both in long run

Edited by mishra

13 hours ago, Khota said:

Look within last few posts, the answer is staring at you.

You literally said you will answer in the next post and then didnt answer and now saying 'look in the previous posts'. Why are you shying away from a clear-cut straight answer ?

I gave you a straight answer....

6 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

You literally said you will answer in the next post and then didnt answer and now saying 'look in the previous posts'. Why are you shying away from a clear-cut straight answer ?

I gave you a straight answer....

Here is the straight answer. Let SEBI do the investigation if that is what people want. I have no right to complaint.

2 minutes ago, Khota said:

Here is the straight answer. Let SEBI do the investigation if that is what people want. I have no right to complaint.

So you agree that SEBI should be allowed to do its job and no parliamentary enquiry is required, that'd undermine SEBI's mandate and authority to do its job ? 

It STILL doesnt answer the question i asked, which is why are you ok with SEC doing its job but want a parliamentary investigation to take over from SEBI's job ? 

My question is why did you give SEC a free pass but not to your own govt's identical organisation ?

Edited by Muloghonto

10 hours ago, mishra said:

Who cares? Hindenburg made money, Adanis probably bought more shares themselves (I am guessing, let me know if that didn't happen). Win win for both in long run

But ordinary people lost money. They bought an inflated stock.

Just now, Muloghonto said:

So you agree that SEBI should be allowed to do its job and no parliamentary enquiry is required, that'd undermine SEBI's mandate and authority to do its job ? 

Initial yes but let me share my concern. I am really concerned if people like Chakravarty and his partners are in detention for writing something govt. does not agree with. This is where I lose confidence.

Just now, Khota said:

Initial yes but let me share my concern. I am really concerned if people like Chakravarty and his partners are in detention for writing something govt. does not agree with. This is where I lose confidence.

Plenty of people are in detention for writing libellous or slanderous stuff in your gora nations as well. So why do you lose confidence over something that is commonplace in ALL democracies ? Your precious murrica put a former president in detention FFS. 

So again, why free pass to SEC and not SEBI ?

It STILL doesnt answer the question i asked, which is why are you ok with SEC doing its job but want a parliamentary investigation to take over from SEBI's job ? 

My question is why did you give SEC a free pass but not to your own govt's identical organisation ?

4 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

I gave you the example of treatment of Chakravarty.

1 minute ago, Khota said:

Adani was gambling. Tata is not.

EVERY stock is a gamble. Including TATA. And the gamble is from those who BUY or SELL stocks. Not those who are the companies in the stock market. I am a gambler if i buy or sell stocks. I am not a gambler for getting my company listed in the stock market so that YOU can gamble with my stocks. 

Plenty of people are in detention for writing libellous or slanderous stuff in your gora nations as well. So why do you lose confidence over something that is commonplace in ALL democracies ? Your precious murrica put a former president in detention FFS. 

So again, why free pass to SEC and not SEBI ?

Which country has put which president in detention?

EVERY stock is a gamble. Including TATA. And the gamble is from those who BUY or SELL stocks. Not those who are the companies in the stock market. I am a gambler if i buy or sell stocks. I am not a gambler for getting my company listed in the stock market so that YOU can gamble with my stocks. 

It is fairly scientific if you go by P/E ratio etc.

Just now, Khota said:

Which country has put which president in detention?

Hello...Murrica. Trump got arraigned. That means LITERALLY having a record with the police and the jail photo. 

Just now, Khota said:

It is fairly scientific if you go by P/E ratio etc.

Poker is fairly scientific too. Doesn't change the fact that it is at the end of the day, gambling. Same with buying/selling stocks. 

2 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

I gave you an example of treatment of Donald Trump. There are hundreds of people in US prisons for saying stuff as well. So again, WHY does SEC get benefit of doubt but not SEBI ? 

Donal Trump was never put in prison. Where are you getting this false information from?

3 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Hello...Murrica. Trump got arraigned. That means LITERALLY having a record with the police and the jail photo. 

Poker is fairly scientific too. Doesn't change the fact that it is at the end of the day, gambling. Same with buying/selling stocks. 

Poker is NE to Stock. You need to learn a lot.