Indian cricket players - Broken Arrows? Crock watch!

Sehwag could miss Champions Trophy Virender Sehwag could miss the Champions Trophy in September as he recovers from the shoulder injury that kept him out of the ICC World Twenty20. Sehwag underwent surgery on June 11 after a lesion was identified in his shoulder, and is expected to be out of action for around 12 to 16 weeks. The Indian team physio Nitin Patel will monitor Sehwag's rehabilitation process and his stint at the National Cricket Academy in Bangalore. Sehwag has to wear a sling for at least four weeks, and the lesion is expected to heal in six weeks. His shoulder will also be evaluated ten weeks after the operation to check whether he can throw a ball. The Champions Trophy, which starts on September 24, is India's next scheduled assignment after the upcoming short trip to the Caribbean. Sehwag had picked up the injury during the latter stages of the IPL, and there had been intense speculation over his fitness during the build-up to the World Twenty20. The uncertainty over his injury led to reports of a rift between him and the captain MS Dhoni, which prompted the team to make a dramatic public show of unity and emphasise their team spirit through a statement read out by Dhoni.

It's in South Africa so we won't miss him much. His record is nothing special on those pitches. If it were Aus/NZ/Ind then we would surely miss him. I think Rohit will do better. Anyways Sachin and Gambhir will open...so expect moderate starts and not flyers.

It's in South Africa so we won't miss him much. His record is nothing special on those pitches. If it were Aus/NZ/Ind then we would surely miss him. I think Rohit will do better. Anyways Sachin and Gambhir will open...so expect moderate starts and not flyers.
Pitches in the CT are likely going to be batting friendly. ICC wouldn't want to see low scoring matches.
Pitches in the CT are likely going to be batting friendly. ICC wouldn't want to see low scoring matches.
They will probably be very similar to the pitches that we saw during the 2007 T20 WC there. If that is the case, I would probably back our team to do relatively well.

Sehwag reports to NCA for rehab Virender Sehwag, who is recovering from a shoulder injury that ruled him out of the World Twenty20 earlier this month, reported at the NCA in Bangalore on Monday as part of his rehabilitation. Paul Close, the NCA physiotherapist at the NCA, will assess Sehwag's recovery and the batsman will return tonight. Sehwag had to undergo surgery for a lesion on his right shoulder on June 11 and was expected to be out of action for around 12 to 16 weeks. News of the injury set off a controversy, following reports that Sehwag had carried the injury from the IPL and the Indian team had risked taking him, hoping he would recover by the time they got to the more important matches in the tournament. Sehwag didn't recover, the team management couldn't offer a convincing or conclusive explanation of the nature and the extent of the injury, and the net result was a lot of speculation ahead of and during the tournament. India's next international assignment after the four-ODI tour of the West Indies is a short tri-series in Sri Lanka, tentatively scheduled just before the Champions Trophy, which will be played in South Africa in September.

Zaheer may miss Champions Trophy New Delhi: India's pace spearhead Zaheer Khan is likely to miss out the Champions Trophy in September. Sources have told CNN-IBN that Zaheer underwent a rather major surgery on his left shoulder at a Johannesburg hospital and is believed to be undergoing rehabilitation. Zaheer could take at least six to eight months to fully recover. The pacer had injured himself during the Indian Premier League in South Africa, but instead of being rested was taken to England for the ICC World T20. The selectors meet on August 16 to select the teams for the tri-series in Sri Lanka and also the Champions Trophy. http://cricketnext.in.com/news/big-blow-to-india-as-zaheer-may-miss-champions-trophy/43040-13.html

Sources? I don't believe it. Last we heard he was rested to recover from an injury to his shoulder and Dhoni mentioned that both Sehwag and Zaheer had gone through MRIs in the T20 WC. So if there was any reason for surgery it would have been done at that time and not waited months. Until I hear something official I'm calling BS on this.

Sources? I don't believe it. Last we heard he was rested to recover from an injury to his shoulder and Dhoni mentioned that both Sehwag and Zaheer had gone through MRIs in the T20 WC. So if there was any reason for surgery it would have been done at that time and not waited months. Until I hear something official I'm calling BS on this.
Yup. Crickertnest is not reliable.