Indian left arm seamers

mani sha

8 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Any hope for Mohsin Khan?  Has he recovered from injuries?  He has the most potential as he gets quite  a lot of bounce. 

We have to plan 2027 attack immediately after this World Cup

Left arm quick

Stock right arm seamer

High release bowler

And at least one backup for each.  Extra seamers of these types should be part of every white ball tour and squad where they should be given access to the best coaching and drills etc. 

when he came back from injury, he was not the same force

9 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Any hope for Mohsin Khan?  Has he recovered from injuries?  He has the most potential as he gets quite  a lot of bounce. 

We have to plan 2027 attack immediately after this World Cup

Left arm quick

Stock right arm seamer

High release bowler

And at least one backup for each.  Extra seamers of these types should be part of every white ball tour and squad where they should be given access to the best coaching and drills etc. 

2027 WC will be in SA.

You will need to play minimum of 4 pacers every game (even 5 plus 1 spinner).

Considering Hardik will be a spent force by 2027 we would need to bring in and groom Bawa/Sundar for no 6/7.

Even Bumrah & Siraj will be 33/34 so doubt they will have the same legs considering we need them more in Tests.

Bawa/Sundar

Sundar/Bawa

Harshit/Hangargekar 

Tyagi/Sen

Prasidh/Mayank

Mohsin/Mukesh C

You need a bowling attack like this which is aggressive and attacking all 50 overs at your face.

Edited by singhvivek141
32 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

Tbh he was actually trundling at 127-128 with odd ball at 138-140.

I think he is still injured, coz he was selected as part of Gorakhpur Team for UpT20, but didn't play a single match

Yeah but my point is this has been going on for a year and why has he not got special consideration? They should identify a fairly large pool of quicks with attributes that are likely to work in international cricket and monitor them and provide them with everything from medical assisstance to nutrition plans to biomechanics -based coaching, workload management  etc. 

And Mohsin is clearly in that bracket. You can't invest in all equally - sounds unfair but that's just the reality.

BCCI has literally 2 choices

1. Restructure domestic around 6 teams and either franchise them out or incentivise them  to identify and pick the best talents to develop and compete 

OR

2. Themselves pick out the most naturally gifted cricketers with high ceilings and invest everything specifically in them.

The current structure with hundreds of cricketers playing dozens of pointless tournaments  and with racehorses being treated like workload donkeys will never work. 

In that system, a Mukesh Kumar will be treated just like Kamalesh Nagarkoti.

We have to work backwards and find out what works in international cricket  - the types of bowlers , speeds , release heights and invest in only those bowlers that are likely to give you that  - The English system.

10 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Restructure domestic around 6 teams and either franchise them out or incentivise them  to identify and pick the best talents to develop and compete

Yup,I'm in this

Currently they have 38 sides,way too many

For a big country like ours,if not 6 we should have atleast 10 ,even in plate group we have 32 teams , ridiculous

Pakistan is benefitting from it by restructuring their structure

13 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Yup,I'm in this

Currently they have 38 sides,way too many

For a big country like ours,if not 6 we should have atleast 10 ,even in plate group we have 32 teams , ridiculous

Pakistan is benefitting from it by restructuring their structure

I think we just need to restructure Duleep and Deodhar and we don't need to make too many changes to Ranji itself. At least not initially. We can have 2 levels of domestic - Duleep/Deodhar can be the elite league

Make the best pitches available only for Duleep and Deodhar - Bangalore, Mumbai, Chennai, Delhi, Eden , Ahmedabad?  Make sure they are sufficiently varied enough and they have good bounce and pace.  Chennai will spin, Bangalore will be flat and Eden will provide seam movement. Have a couple of alternate venues in case of international season.

And make sure they run concurrently. That is, Duleep and Ranji, Deodhar and VH.

Give the 6 teams clear KPI's in terms of developing players a certain way.  Let Ranji/IPL teams do the basic scouting and then Deodhar/Duleep can pull from those. Similarly, Indian management will only have to watch the Duleep/Deodhar to know who the best players are.

Give the 6 teams clear KPI's in terms of developing players a certain way. Example - England management asked Surrey to develop Will Jacks' off spin to even consider him for national selection.  Bracewell was asked to develop his off spin by Otago after NZC instructed them to do so.

Make sure ball tracking data and analysts are there for every match of Duleep/Deodhar and they have the best coaches for fast bowling, spin bowling , fielding and batting, biomechanics, nutritionist and workload and injury management.   Develop a coaching structure with certification and training in line with whatever OZ/England are doing.  Incentivise coaches in a manner that gets them to do their best.  For eg., if a team's batters have improved their averages/strike rates over 2 seasons, that batting coach can be rewarded with a role at NCA or be in contention as national batting coach.

//ly, for fielding and bowling. This is why on field analysts and data is important . You can actually measure how things have improved, incentivise improvement and reward it in real terms.

Involve head coaches and analysts of these 6 teams in national selection committee along with the national team analyst and ask each team's analyst and head coach to rate players from opposing teams to eliminate bias. The analyst can see what is required for a tour of ,say, Australia or a World Cup in Australia and help construct a white ball squad from available 66 Deodhar players

Once the objective data and the subjective opinions of coaches are available to the national team captain and coach, they can make good, informed decisions. 

There is only a need for first class and 50 overs restructuring. T20's can be judged by IPL anyway. 

These are some basic things that are being done in SENA and Pakistan currently.  We are way behind I reckon.

I lack hope and trust in BCCI to have good vision..I wish some rich and powerful passionate cricket franchises or firm..may scout promising players..and invest and provide them all the grooming..they need..with proper infra, training,coaching, diet,analysis,match simulations,scenarios,consultants etc

who is grooming Tyagis and Umrans..not sure if they are improving..one always struggles with line and other struggles with length..there shoudl have been some visible improvement..but I cant spot it..they are being wasted..

IPL franchises can do it..ofc that will help them and country too..but not sure who will do it..

if I get a windfall..will definitely do it...pray for a windfall haha..

Edited by Need4Speed