Who was the better Indian ODI trio of the two?

Majestic

Sachin-Sehwag -Ganguly vs Rohit-Dhawan-Kohli, the better ODI trio?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the better trio of the two?

• Sachin - Sehwag - Ganguly
    • Rohit - Dhawan - Kohli

3 hours ago, bowl_out said:

Yeah, but Gambhir had many more clutch knocks than Ganguly. 

Even the two hundreds that Ganguly got in the 2003 WC were against associate nations.

He was still really good compared to the other duds that opened with Sachin before 1998, but I feel Gambhir had more impact than Ganguly

3 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

This is a myth that boundaries are smaller.

Boundaries were smaller earlier also, it's just that modern day batsmen are better hitters.

If you feel XYZ are better than ABC, go ahead and vote then. Why the results are 10-0?

20 hours ago, bowl_out said:

Yeah, but Gambhir had many more clutch knocks than Ganguly. 

Even the two hundreds that Ganguly got in the 2003 WC were against associate nations.

He was still really good compared to the other duds that opened with Sachin before 1998, but I feel Gambhir had more impact than Ganguly

You are right he declined big time in the latter half but he has 22 centuries in7 years from 96 to 2003...# number of them in 2003 wc against minnows.. few clutch knocks...the 144 at gabba test, the Taunton 180 against then sri Lanka, a good knock against South Africa too in99,  the independence cup final century against pak, the Toronto stuff...I think it's just recency bias...gangu was the one who transformed our cricket and he had massive balls of steel to take on the powers that be

6 minutes ago, straighttalk said:

You are right he declined big time in the latter half but he has 22 centuries in7 years from 96 to 2003...# number of them in 2003 wc against minnows.. few clutch knocks...the 144 at gabba test, the Taunton 180 against then sri Lanka, a good knock against South Africa too in99,  the independence cup final century against pak, the Toronto stuff...I think it's just recency bias...gangu was the one who transformed our cricket and he had massive balls of steel to take on the powers that be

Fair enough. He was good between '98 and '03 after which he declined fast