How lucky were Pakistan today or was the DLS outcome fair?

sage

48 minutes ago, Norman said:

It doesn't work like that, mere bachay..

For example, paxtan were 230/3 in 30 overs while chasing 368 against Australia at this very same ground. None of the Aussie bowlers were looking remotely threatening. Dew had also set in. Now if it had rained at that time , everyone would have said "pak would have won it easily" , "Starc is worse than Pathirana" bla bla bla but the full game did happen and paxtan lost it comfortably by 62 runs.

I'm not taking any credit away by your batting performance yesterday but that doesn't mean you ignore basic logic as well.

They were 230 in 35 overs v aus,required rate was 9

41 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Sodhi isn't 20% the bowler Zampa is...  I'd have backed Pakistan all the way chasing 340 odd after second DLS even. 

402 would have been tight but a team with better match awareness would always keep looming rain threat in mind. 

NZ deserved to lose after bringing Sodhi after second rain break. 

No luck but poor Captaincy on show...  Pak cashed in on that. 

I already said full credit to Pakistan for the win. It's not cakewalk to score 200 in 25 overs against any attack..and i also agree after the rain break 340 was easily gettable ...I said this even in the match thread

But chasing a 400 total in full 50 overs is a completely different beast altogether. It's not about Sodhi or zampa or captaincy, it's the mental block for batters as they keep getting closer to the target. Every wicket feels like a death knell even if it's clearly not. It's not easy for every batter to just come in and start going 9 RPO from the word goo..

37 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

NZ is always scared of Pakistan...  The mental hold is something else.   They will always find a reason to lose even against atrocious Pak sides. 

Yea. look how Santner boldly bowling at the stumps to us. Yesterday he was terrified and bowling wider and wider. We need one of our left hander thrashing him atleast in one match.

28 minutes ago, MediumPacer said:

They were 230 in 35 overs v aus,required rate was 9

Whatever...my point still stands. Pakistan were looking all set to chase that total down as well with dew coming in until they lost a wicket a critical stage. If they didn't have the pressure of a 368 run chase, or if they were setting up a total, they'd still have easily reached 350. But they imploded to 305 all out...