Breaking News: Mohammed Asif caught at Dubai Airport

frankly, i dont see the cuffufle over hasheesh....its only a recreational drug and you gotta be an idiot to think it has any performance-enhancing values..if anything,it makes your mind slower, reflexes slower,etc and you get paranoid....

BTW' date=' our Pakistani compatriots are showing no moral compunction as usual. Gladly rejoicing the fact that Asif will be let off soon and will start taking drug induced wickets again. In contrast I am happy that most on our forum were behind Harbhajan's ban and thought he got less and not more than he deserved.[/quote'] To be fair, I think a few of us would have happily advocated a lifetime ban for Harbhajan on grounds of just bowling utter shyte. :D

Of interest... take it with a bucket of salt though as it's from HT...

The Board has sent one of its senior officials, Nadeem Akram, to Dubai to coordinate with the Pakistan embassy officials and resolve the issue. Interestingly, when contacted in Dubai and asked about what substance had been recovered from Asif, Akram said a small quantity of the substance was found from his wallet and it was a medicine prescribed by a local Hakeem for Asif. "He was carrying this substance in very small quantity in his wallet for the last four or five months and even forgot about it. He is also not sure what it is and it was prescribed to him for treatment of his elbow injury," Akram said.
frankly' date=' i dont see the cuffufle over hasheesh....its only a recreational drug and you gotta be an idiot to think it has any performance-enhancing values..if anything,it makes your mind slower, reflexes slower,etc and you get paranoid....[/quote'] His fault is not that he used the stuff. His fault is he carried it with him to a country like Dubai where the laws are very strict. as if you dont get the stuff in Pak

WTF.. i heard in TOI news, that the reporter was saying, u cud b jailed for 4 yrs, even if u have traces in ur blood.. is that true?? if thts true, then its ridiculous ... imagine if i smoke a joint b4 leaving amsterdam to India via dubai.. fok sake.... this is some scary ******

^^^ in dubai, a man has been jailed for having traces of poppy seeds on his clothes which came from a burger he ate. they even have the death penalty for drug trafficing. BTW they only conduct blood test if they suspect you of carrying somehting, not on all passengers

frankly' date=' i dont see the cuffufle over hasheesh....its only a recreational drug and you gotta be an idiot to think it has any performance-enhancing values..if anything,it makes your mind slower, reflexes slower,etc and you get paranoid....[/quote'] At the same time, it's being a f-cking jackass to not know what the rules are in a certain country. Ignorance is no excuse.

damn hashish in Dubai the laws are soooo strict there if this is all true, he is royally *****ed i remember recently in the paper there were stories of a guy who went to Dubai and got jailed for a year for having a speck of marijuana on his shoe and people have been put in jail for carrying medicine prescribed to them by their doctor now what chance has asif got

And he should consider himself lucky that it isn't a country like Indonesia or Singapore where the punishments would be far worse than they'll be in Dubai.
Gawd knows what would happen to him in some place like New York/Chicago, what with his name and country of citizenship and all.... --This just reminded me of the scene from Harold and Kumar "Its just a bong!"
At the same time' date=' it's being a f-cking jackass to not know what the rules are in a certain country. Ignorance is no excuse.[/quote'] Not really. Ignorance of quaint laws can be very easily defended in court. For eg, here, in vancouver, there is a concept called medical marijuana....ie, doctors can (and do) prescribe marijuana for their patients. If such a patient is travelling/transiting through the mid-east and isn't aware of their hardcore marijuana laws, i think that can be defended in court, given that there is a doctor's prescription associated with it.