One change u want in indian team

mani sha

13 minutes ago, Nikola said:

You cannot change complete nature of pitch at different venues as there are different types of soil used. Australia came with better plan as they expected us to use cheap tactics which they had seen in league match & test series few months ago.

What changing complete nature of pitch? This was supposedly the same game where Ind/Pak game was held - you had any issues there?

Again what cheap tactics, I put it out there 3-4 matches back that all of our games were on drier tracks & that is true! Conversely Oz played on flat tracks against Pak, SL, Afghans even Bangers which boosted their realtively weak batting. How the * would they have fared on pitches which suited spinners against all Asian sides? If anything it's the ICC which should be questioned as to how they wanted certain pitches & just so you know Lucknow pitches were red soil, over there back soil is native to the land & most big grounds in India have the option of both types of pitches.

Edited by R!TTER
Just now, Lord said:

That's why its a must to have mental conditioning guy. I think they had Paddy Upton in 2011. Not sure if they have anyone now.

Mental conditioning is needed but have to improve in other aspects like fielding and fitness too if we have to dominate teams like Aus.

Every Australian pacer is like half a foot taller than our pacers. Only mental conditioning won't fill these gaps. 

What we really need is to be ruthless in sports preparations like authoritarian China. Handpick promising, physically gifted atheletes and train the hell out of them. Play for the team and not individual records.

10 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

What changing complete nature of pitch? This was supposedly the same game where Ind/Pak game was held - you had any issues there?

Again what cheap tactics, I put it out there 3-4 matches back that all of our games were on drier tracks & that is true! Conversely Oz played on flat tracks against Pak, SL, Afghans even Bangers which boosted their realtively weak batting. How the * would they have fared on pitches which suited spinners against all Asian sides? If anything it's the ICC which should be questioned as to how they wanted certain pitches & just so you know Lucknow pitches were red soil, over there back soil is native to the land & most big grounds in India have the option of both types of pitches.

I am saying let pitch be natural to it's venue and it's conditions. This looked bit underprepared pitch to me and if it's same as pakistan game then that was 300+ pitch & this even by looks was totally different and way slow. The actual plan was to make slow turner but it did not turn in whole match again this could be due to less time available. ICC can agree upon pitch they see and they have to say yes anyways. Question is why players and team management gets too much involved in preparation of pitch? Why no trust to beat any opposition in any conditions on any given day? You really think australia would have won this worldcup had it been good sporting wicket? Chances are quite low against our quality bowling lineup.

Edited by Nikola
4 minutes ago, AuxiliA said:

Mental conditioning is needed but have to improve in other aspects like fielding and fitness too if we have to dominate teams like Aus.

Every Australian pacer is like half a foot taller than our pacers. Only mental conditioning won't fill these gaps. 

What we really need is to be ruthless in sports preparations like authoritarian China. Handpick promising, physically gifted atheletes and train the hell out of them. Play for the team and not individual records.

Fielding and fitness seemed fine in league phase. It all crumbled in big game only.

Tall pacers are not as common in India. Its just diet/genetics issue.

Just now, Lord said:

Fielding and fitness seemed fine in league phase. It all crumbled in big game only.

Tall pacers are not as common in India. Its just diet/genetics issue.

Are bhai Ghanta fine lol. Did you not see Siraj, Kuldeep and co. field. From what I saw we had the worst boundry riders among the top teams. On the other hand Aussies fielded like cheetahs.

I have personally seen lots of 6 and half foot tall atheletes in Volleyball & Basketball at state or national level competitions. I wonder why they don't get into fast bowling (which pays much better than Vball or Bball in India).

9 hours ago, AuxiliA said:

This player 'worship' culture that we have in cricket is our biggest bane. Focus should be on playing selflessly and making your team win rather than chasing irrelevant records. 

We should move on from the 90's Tendulkar era. 

I think we are at that point . 

Rohit has led the way . Players like pant , sky , rinku need to be given free rope . The future lies in players who have high strike rate and care a damn about milestones 

we won world cups when gambhir Sehwag and yuvi were at peak with new sharma and kohli . 

now all i hear is kohli made 50 centuries . Ghanta . Zero trophies. 

the finals were lost when we dished out a stupid pitch . But still last 10 years this was our best performance in odi . 

agarkar will take us forward . I think we are at the start of an era of winning some trophies . T20 wc will likely be ours if we keep rat out .