Number of icc finals played by each team.

King6

12 hours ago, Gollum said:

BGT 2020-21 was bigger than 1983 or 2011 for me. Remains the single greatest feat in Indian cricket, after the lows of 36 all out, the roaring comeback in MCG (IMO the most perfect game any Indian team has played till date), 'over my dead body' rearguard in SCG (greatest test match save in Indian cricket), and breaching of Gabba with kids, rookies, net bowlers (greatest test involving India, above 2001 Eden IMO)......won't exchange 10 WCs for those 3 tests. 

For majority of Indians WC is ultimate trophy. You can easily find everwhere people talking watching World cup. 

18 hours ago, Majestic said:

Conversion rate :

Australia - 10/13

India - 4.5/12

England - 2/9

Windies - 5/8

Sri Lanka - 2.5/7

Pakistan - 3/6

NZ - 1/6

SA - 1/1

Clearly, Australia and Windies are most clutch team when it comes to finals. 

And then Pakistan . All others have poor winning conversion rate . 

14 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

I think we should keep one WC per format, to be held every 4 years. It's needed to keep all formats alive...this weird obsession of T20 WC every 2 years is actually killing ODI.

Eg 2023 ODI WC

2024 T20 WC 

2025 WTC

2026..nothing

2027 cycle repeats

Absolutely , doesn't make any sense. ICC wants to make more while killing the best format. 

On 11/26/2023 at 4:34 AM, Gollum said:

BGT 2020-21 was bigger than 1983 or 2011 for me. Remains the single greatest feat in Indian cricket, after the lows of 36 all out, the roaring comeback in MCG (IMO the most perfect game any Indian team has played till date), 'over my dead body' rearguard in SCG (greatest test match save in Indian cricket), and breaching of Gabba with kids, rookies, net bowlers (greatest test involving India, above 2001 Eden IMO)......won't exchange 10 WCs for those 3 tests. 

for sure, only better thing than this was Neeraj chopra's gold, and our 8 olympic hockey golds. arguably 83 WC was on par for how it transformed Ind cricket, and it came against a veritable juggernaut