Number of icc finals played by each team.

King6

Australia 13 ( wc-8 t20wc-2 ct-2 wtc-1) 

India 12 (wc-4 t20wc-2 ct-4 wtc-2) 

England 9 (wc-4 t20wc-3 ct-2) 

Westindies 8 (wc-3 t20wc-2 ct-3) 

Srilanka 7 (wc-3 t20wc-3 ct-1) 

Pakistan 6 (wc-2 t20wc-3 ct-1) 

Newzealand 6(wc-2 t20wc-1 ct-2 wtc-1)

South Africa 1 (ct-1) 

2 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Conversion rate :

Australia - 10/13

India - 4.5/12

England - 2/9

Windies - 5/8

Sri Lanka - 2.5/7

Pakistan - 3/6

NZ - 1/6

SA - 1/1

Clearly, Australia and Windies are most clutch team when it comes to finals. 

Eng 3

Nz 2

2 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

Yes and test series win in Aus, 2018 too.  Those were big wins.   But the cricket fans (excl. Indian fans) don't remember those wins after 1 or 2 yrs.  They recall only ICC tournaments.  

Who said that? Anyways, doesn't matter as long as you remember. Most casual cricket fans get silent when you say that India have won two test series in Australia especially the latter one.

5 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

Yes and test series win in Aus, 2018 too.  Those were big wins.   But the cricket fans (excl. Indian fans) don't remember those wins after 1 or 2 yrs.  They recall only ICC tournaments.  

Not true...for Eng-Aus..Ashes is an even bigger event than any WTC or WC. The amount of preparation they do for Ashes is unmatched.

27 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Don't rate CT and WTC.  World cup is the only worth tournament. World T20 is a lottery due to the nature of the format. Australia by fluke won in 2021. But they lost in their home ground. Hot favorites  England lost in 2021 and somehow won in 2022 due to the same toss that benefitted Australia in 2021. 

These days there is a weird obsession with ICC trophies because we are having ICC trophies every year and bilaterals are mostly played keeping in the mind the trophies.

But honestly, there are lot of factors that play a role in ICC tournaments like the conditions, toss etc. 

ODI World Cup remains the pinnacle while rest of the tournament just gives a false implication that it is the biggest thing there is.

1 hour ago, Majestic said:

These days there is a weird obsession with ICC trophies because we are having ICC trophies every year and bilaterals are mostly played keeping in the mind the trophies.

But honestly, there are lot of factors that play a role in ICC tournaments like the conditions, toss etc. 

ODI World Cup remains the pinnacle while rest of the tournament just gives a false implication that it is the biggest thing there is.

I think we should keep one WC per format, to be held every 4 years. It's needed to keep all formats alive...this weird obsession of T20 WC every 2 years is actually killing ODI.

Eg 2023 ODI WC

2024 T20 WC 

2025 WTC

2026..nothing

2027 cycle repeats

1 hour ago, singhvivek141 said:

I think we should keep one WC per format, to be held every 4 years. It's needed to keep all formats alive...this weird obsession of T20 WC every 2 years is actually killing ODI.

Eg 2023 ODI WC

2024 T20 WC 

2025 WTC

2026..nothing

2027 cycle repeats

Yeah makes sense. 

WT20 and WTC every two year is just a farce.

BGT 2020-21 was bigger than 1983 or 2011 for me. Remains the single greatest feat in Indian cricket, after the lows of 36 all out, the roaring comeback in MCG (IMO the most perfect game any Indian team has played till date), 'over my dead body' rearguard in SCG (greatest test match save in Indian cricket), and breaching of Gabba with kids, rookies, net bowlers (greatest test involving India, above 2001 Eden IMO)......won't exchange 10 WCs for those 3 tests. 

4 hours ago, Gollum said:

BGT 2020-21 was bigger than 1983 or 2011 for me. Remains the single greatest feat in Indian cricket, after the lows of 36 all out, the roaring comeback in MCG (IMO the most perfect game any Indian team has played till date), 'over my dead body' rearguard in SCG (greatest test match save in Indian cricket), and breaching of Gabba with kids, rookies, net bowlers (greatest test involving India, above 2001 Eden IMO)......won't exchange 10 WCs for those 3 tests. 

I mean not like we didn't see India win the WC at home in 2011.

13 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Eg 2023 ODI WC

2024 T20 WC 

2025 WTC

2026..nothing

2027 cycle repeats

2026 WCT20 in India sri Lanka :aha: