Indian Idol S14

coffee_rules

5 hours ago, Laaloo said:

Thank God they got rid of cringe kakkar, himesh and anu. 

17 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Woh log Zee Saregama show mein pahli nah gaye. ? I used to love ke that show better than II. But this season, quality of that show has dropped a lot and it’s unwatchable 

I like himesh, shreya, farah khan,  Vishal, shekhar, neeti mohan, Salim merchant in judge role...I didn't watch saregamapa as it had anu Malik (molestation charges)...I thought previous Indian idol seasons had Better singers... this time I like subhadeep(the one you shared)the best, 2nd would be probably the boy from Arunachal.

Just now, randomGuy said:

I like himesh, shreya, farah khan,  Vishal, shekhar, neeti mohan, Salim merchant in judge role...I didn't watch saregamapa as it had anu Malik (molestation charges)...I thought previous Indian idol seasons had Better singers... this time I like subhadeep(the one you shared)the best, 2nd would be probably the boy from Arunachal.

There is a singer from Rajasthan , every time they get one . He is good too.

I watched one or two seasons several years ago. The last one I watched was the one which an already-established playback singer won. Revanth? But it was such a sham. There were 3 singers in there who were better singers. A Carnatic lady (Gayatri? Malavika Sunder), a guy named Khuda Baksh, and another Telugu guy whose name I can't remember now named PVNS Rohit. This guy was especially good and extremely versatile, but he had no "shtyle." When Revanth won, it was clear that his already established popularity was the reason. Haven't watched it since that year.

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

54 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

I watched one or two seasons several years ago. The last one I watched was the one which an already-established playback singer won. Revanth? But it was such a sham. There were 3 singers in there who were better singers. A Carnatic lady (Gayatri?), a guy named Khuda Baksh, and another Telugu guy whose name I can't remember now. This last guy was especially good and extremely versatile, but he had no "shtyle." When Revanth won, it was clear that his already established popularity was the reason. Haven't watched it since that year.

I have become less immune to all the politics/controversies and have started to just enjoy the music part. See, all are good in the top 5 or 6 and anybody can win the final prize.  What I hate is certain contestants go all the way to the final with gimmickry in music - falsetto singing, dance moves, dress/fashion sense/glamor. Their music is inferior but get votes from public due to such gimmickry. I watch it until top 5 as the music is focus till then. Rest all is tamasha. 

12 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

Memorable performance 'Dil ke Arman asuwon me beh gaye' in front of original singer Salma Agha..... @coffee_rules totally unexpected by adya.

Can't watch it here, but I heard it on the show. She has one of unique VQs like Salma Agha. I like her. Meanwhile Salma Agha has aged well !! She sang two lines, still sounds the same. Good for her.

Posted (edited)

Winner Vaibhav Gupta was merely adequate. He sang only Sukhwindar songs well. Coming from Kanpur all of Hindi cow belt voted for him I guess. Other two were much much more talented esp Subhodeep.Pitush was very good too.  I don’t know how judges decide on least talented every time. Voters go for emotional quotient as well. Disappointing results. Last year

at least the most talented one won the competition.

Edited by coffee_rules

8 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Winner Vaibhav Gupta was merely adequate. He sang only Sukhwindar songs well. Coming from Kanpur all of Hindi cow belt voted for him I guess. Other two were much much more talented esp Subhodeep.Pitush was very good too.  I don’t know how judges decide on least talented every time. Voters go for emotional quotient as well. Disappointing results. Last year

at least the most talented one won the competition.

I thought piyush (because he sings effortless and without unnecessary variation) was the best ....the ranking according to me...

1. Piyush

2. Ananya

3. Shubhodeep

4. Anjana

5. Vaibhav

But number 5 was declared winner..

Possibly the top 3 Indian idols are 1. Pawandeep 2. Sreeram 3. Rishi

Pawandeeps season had the best talent...such as arunita and sayli kamble.