Are IPL franchises and player sponsers really influencing BCCI's decision making process?

Yes.

BCCI most likely gets a cut based on player appearances. There are a lot of vested interests involved. 

How else can one justify half the bone-headed things that happen in Indian cricket?

What is IPL? A tamasha where Bollywood + Corporates + Politicians hob-nob, with cricket being a sideshow. It's given players some more financial security, so I still feel it is a net positive.

5 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

Yes.

BCCI most likely gets a cut based on player appearances. There are a lot of vested interests involved. 

How else can one justify half the bone-headed things that happen in Indian cricket?

What is IPL? A tamasha where Bollywood + Corporates + Politicians hob-nob, with cricket being a sideshow. It's given players some more financial security, so I still feel it is a net positive.

Why would BCCI look for handouts from players when they are earning money hand over fist.

Players have not raised their level in knock out matches and  people are blaming BCCI wonderful.

11 hours ago, putrevus said:

Why would BCCI look for handouts from players when they are earning money hand over fist.

Players have not raised their level in knock out matches and  people are blaming BCCI wonderful.

BCCI also have the take responsibility to "right track" the things when nothing is working well.

They aren't just there for counting notes, they are cricket board and cricket should be the first priority.

9 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

BCCI also have the take responsibility to "right track" the things when nothing is working well.

They aren't just there for counting notes, they are cricket board and cricket should be the first priority.

How is nothing working? What is working according to you.

India is competiting for every title every tournament home or away.

Their test team was number 1 for most parts of past 6 years.

2 minutes ago, putrevus said:

How is nothing working? What is working according to you.

India is competiting for every title every tournament home or away.

Their test team was number 1 for most parts of past 6 years.

You answered this yourself in the thread of team's selection for Afghanistan.

BCCI instead of creating a well oiled team is just hoping for a miracle banking over the limited faces.

From 2014 till 2023...every team has won the big tournament except India & SA.

No 1 means zilch if we can't win the ICC tournaments, despite of the fact that now it's happening almost every year.

14 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

You answered this yourself in the thread of team's selection for Afghanistan.

BCCI instead of creating a well oiled team is just hoping for a miracle banking over the limited faces.

From 2014 till 2023...every team has won the big tournament except India & SA.

No 1 means zilch if we can't win the ICC tournaments, despite of the fact that now it's happening almost every year.

I never said BCCI is perfect.  You are dealing with humans not machines. So ups and downs will be there.

I want more transperency from selectors and TM. They need to do more.

BCCI as a entity has done many things right,they are giving players the exposure needed 

I disagree on titles.India have been excellent team in all formats. They just have not reached to the summit but that cannot take away all the performances in winning all those tests or other matches.

Edited by putrevus
2 minutes ago, putrevus said:

I never said BCCI is perfect.  You are dealing with humans not machines. So ups and downs will be there.

I want more transperency from selectors and TM. They need to do more.

BCCI as a entity has done many thing right in giving players the exposure needed 

I disagree on titles.India have been excellent team in all formats. They just have not reached to the summit but that cannot take away all the performances in winning all those tests or other matches.

Selectors & TM are no different from BCCI...I see them as a single unit. 

My view on titles is different, if you don't win the titles.then whether you finish as runner up or in league stages..it doesn't matter.

Sure, overseas Test victories are a great achievement, but winning a tournament tells how consistent & mentally strong you are against varying oppositions & conditions.

32 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

Selectors & TM are no different from BCCI...I see them as a single unit. 

My view on titles is different, if you don't win the titles.then whether you finish as runner up or in league stages..it doesn't matter.

Sure, overseas Test victories are a great achievement, but winning a tournament tells how consistent & mentally strong you are against varying oppositions & conditions.

No they are not single identity, that might have been the case in 1960s to 90s. And to some some extent under Srini Mama for his love of that useless fellow Dhoni.Idiot Ganguly tried to meddle with selections of players and coaches.

Otherwise BCCI has empowered selectors and TM to make decisions.

I give guy like Vengsarkar lot of credit, he made selectors into full time paying job.He also happens to be my favorite selector.

If Bozo Dravid continued to keep useless  KL rahul as an opener when he kept flopping instead of giving a chance to guy Pant to open in last world t20.How can you blame BCCI for Dravid's mistakes.

Edited by putrevus