Rohit-Kohli-Rahul in T20 WC 2024

To be honest, this need to keep on playing on and not retiring is really a direct result of the IPL.

IPL has made some Indian players a brand like Nike, Coca, Cola etc, so to retire from the international stage, is really killing the brand.

Imagine if Nike or Cola Cola said they would only produce goods for the USA only?

2 hours ago, SRT100 said:

No.

This first started with SRT chasing the irrelevant, insignificant and selfish 100th hundred. We had several batsmen at the time that could have taken over his role in the batting lineup.

At least with Dhoni, he was a superior keeper and tactically in white ball cricket a great captain.

True. As great as Tendulkar was, he overstayed too

But Tendulkar even in his last legs is imo better than most of our frauds in the team like kl Rahul, iyer, Sky and he'll even rohit

This is rohits average in sena

Sa - 16 lmaoo

Australia - 30 I think

England he did well ish

And dint play much in nz. Averages like 40 there when pitched were uber flat

Even Gill

Old Tendulkar  million times better than that hack.

I think the only problem I see is that Indian selectors are not bold enough to drop one of Rohit or Kohli. Its either has to be both or none. No middle ground in between.

Both Rohit and Kohli are fine players. But we haven't won a trophy for 10 years with them. So why not go with a new team atleast in T20.

I would be fuming if either Jaiswal or Rinku has to be missed from playing XI just to accomodate Rohit and Kohli and on top of that since they can't bowl, it again messes up the balance once again.

18 minutes ago, deepdynamo said:

I think the only problem I see is that Indian selectors are not bold enough to drop one of Rohit or Kohli. Its either has to be both or none. No middle ground in between.

Both Rohit and Kohli are fine players. But we haven't won a trophy for 10 years with them. So why not go with a new team atleast in T20.

I would be fuming if either Jaiswal or Rinku has to be missed from playing XI just to accomodate Rohit and Kohli and on top of that since they can't bowl, it again messes up the balance once again.

Rohit and Virat are back in picture cause hardik and sky injury status is unknown. I had some hope we might win t20 cup earlier but given Rohit and Virat are back i see no hope. I have no doubt both believe they can win, sure we will see brilliance in few games eg Virat in Pak win last t20 but we will also see a 40 ball 50 in semis. 

A young team may not win but atleast it gives us a good shot in '26. 

1 hour ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Rohit and Virat are back in picture cause hardik and sky injury status is unknown. I had some hope we might win t20 cup earlier but given Rohit and Virat are back i see no hope. I have no doubt both believe they can win, sure we will see brilliance in few games eg Virat in Pak win last t20 but we will also see a 40 ball 50 in semis. 

A young team may not win but atleast it gives us a good shot in '26. 

Yes but what if both Sky and Hardik are fit which they are going to be almost sure of then we have almost same team of 2021 and 2022.

In my team I will have Jaiswal, Sky and Rinku as first three name on my XI and then fill up with rest of them.

7 hours ago, deepdynamo said:

Imagine a team like this without Rohit/Kohli. Surely can't do worse with Rohit and Kohli in the team. 

Gill

Jaiswal

Sky

Pandya ( c)

KL ( wk)

Dube

Rinku

Axar

Bishnoi/ Kuldeep

Bumrah

Siraj/Arshdeep

Why is Pandya captain again. What has he done to deserve the captaincy.