Rohit-Kohli-Rahul in T20 WC 2024

The stars are aligning to have these three back in Indian XI in the upcoming T20 WC.

Rohit & Kohli are 'undroppable' from playing XI. The easiest solution is to drop both of them altogether from 15 squad but that's not gonna happen.

KL Rahul is also suddenly back in reckoning ( esp if he has a stellar IPL playing as middle order keeper). Jitesh is current incumbent but he is one bad IPL away ( plus lack of inexperience) from missing his spot. Ishan Kishan is in dislike list of BCCI and Samson is a failed T20 cricketer.

Sachin played for 24 years and won one trophy in his 22nd year, doesn’t mean you blame him for teams performance.

Kohli and Rohit have already won trophies and were our best batsman by a countrymile in last world cup and the only ones who performed in both knockout matches.

In the recent test vs SA , Kohli was the highest scorer, Rahul the only one to score a century, Imagine what would happen to team India without these guys

Indian fans delusion is even more than Pakistani fans these days, despite seeing their mediocre IPL talents flop again and again they somehow put all the responsibility on senior players who actually perform.

1 minute ago, Adamant said:

Sachin played for 24 years and won one trophy in his 22nd year, doesn’t mean you blame him for teams performance.

Kohli and Rohit have already won trophies and were our best batsman by a countrymile in last world cup and the only ones who performed in both knockout matches.

In the recent test vs SA , Kohli was the highest scorer, Rahul the only one to score a century, Imagine what would happen to team India without these guys

Indian fans delusion is even more than Pakistani fans these days, despite seeing their mediocre IPL talents flop again and again they somehow put all the responsibility on senior players who actually perform.

Why are you bringing up tests when no one is saying he should be dropped from there?

They did win the LOI leg without them,for that matter

2 hours ago, Adamant said:

When has Rohit ever performed in WT20s after 2007 ?

Don't club him with Kohli.

4 hours ago, Adamant said:

Kohli yes has won every title. Doesn't mean he should still be playing past his sell date. But rohit? What has he won? One t20 wc? 

Did he win champiosn trophy? Can't remember. 

Rohit is the worst captain I have ever seen. Kohli is 100 times better. 

4 hours ago, Adamant said:

We lost the natch when Rahul scored. Please don't put him in the same tier as kohli. 

Rahul is the most useless player I have ever seen. We lost the WC final because of sky pos, Rahul useless cunt and biggest fraud iyer.  Also kuldeep choker Was mediocre under pressure. Always knew that constipated looking midget would fail when it matters. 

Rahul plays one good innings per series and flops in every other innings. He is human trash. He needs to be dumped din a skip and shipped off permanently. 

He is a mediocre 34 averaging fraud who has played over 40 tests for India. 

KL goes into shell when there is bit of pressure. Good batsmen goes about their business even when wickets are falling around. Your goal is to win the match not score 50s at slow SR because of you slowing down opposition will have an easy target anyways. 20 extra runs won’t make difference. These types of people should stay away from LOi

KL should only play in middle order spot as wicket keeper batsman in T20s. Right now, Kishan, Samson or Jitesh haven't convinced as keeper bat which means a look at KL in middle order won't be a bad idea. 

KL has flopped in both the T20 World Cups as opener and so did Rohit. But Rohit doesn't seem to be done in this format based on his last performance where he scored a hundred after top order got blown away.

I think we can have a 15 man squad like this :-

Openers/Top order - Rohit, Jaiswal, Kohli, Backup Keeper 

Middle order - SKY, keeper, Hardik, Rinku

Fast bowlers - Bumrah, Arshdeep, Siraj, Shami

Spinners - Kuldeep, Bishnoi, Axar

Its clearly obvious what is going on as an outsider looking in, Hitman, Kohli and KL will just continue to stay in this team until literally they physically break down in order to save face by winning a WC.

If India happens to win a WC they will feel justified and vindicated in keeping these players in the team, regardless of how they perform.

If India dont win  the WC and they are finally dropped from the team, no one will care, they will just disappear into the background.

32 minutes ago, cricketfan28 said:

Not gonna lose anything,  dropping them or not we are not winning this wc.

I would much rather lose with youngsters so I can see what the future of our team looks like. These tried and tested baggage have let us down many times. It's enough. They are rich. They can retire. I want to see my young lions get a chance.

1 hour ago, harpicP said:

I would much rather lose with youngsters so I can see what the future of our team looks like. These tried and tested baggage have let us down many times. It's enough. They are rich. They can retire. I want to see my young lions get a chance.

Yes.

2 hours ago, harpicP said:

Exactly.

The experience the kids will have, will hold them in good stead for the future.

Instead when all the uncles retire at once, it will have a dismantling effect on Team India.

When SRT left, there was his "clone" in Sehwag, similarly with Pujara for Dravid and Yuvraj and Raina for Ganguly. You drop older players gradually.

36 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

Exactly.

The experience the kids will have, will hold them in good stead for the future.

Instead when all the uncles retire at once, it will have a dismantling effect on Team India.

When SRT left, there was his "clone" in Sehwag, similarly with Pujara for Dravid and Yuvraj and Raina for Ganguly. You drop older players gradually.

I blame Dhoni for starting the trend of overstaying. 

45 minutes ago, harpicP said:

I blame Dhoni for starting the trend of overstaying. 

No.

This first started with SRT chasing the irrelevant, insignificant and selfish 100th hundred. We had several batsmen at the time that could have taken over his role in the batting lineup.

At least with Dhoni, he was a superior keeper and tactically in white ball cricket a great captain.