Kuldeep Yadav - One of the best Spin bowling spells

26 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

No that won't be the case. At home India will play all 3. With Kuldeep's enhanced batting skills India can afford to play all 3. Throw in a couple of seamers. Overseas as it is we only play 1 spinner. Now we have to drop a seamer and play Kuldeep.

Personally, I am not a fan of this approach..and that's where I am stating that there is no guarantee of Kuldeep leapfrogging Ashwin & Jadeja.

Sure, at home we can play 3 + 2 combination and it will work. But the moment we go to SENA countries, we play 1 or at max 2 spinners.

If it's one, Jadeja will be numero uno coz he can "bat". Dropping another seamer to manage Kuldeep won't be a good approach everywhere.

5 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

Personally, I am not a fan of this approach..and that's where I am stating that there is no guarantee of Kuldeep leapfrogging Ashwin & Jadeja.

Sure, at home we can play 3 + 2 combination and it will work. But the moment we go to SENA countries, we play 1 or at max 2 spinners.

If it's one, Jadeja will be numero uno coz he can "bat". Dropping another seamer to manage Kuldeep won't be a good approach everywhere.

In Australiai would prefer Ashwin over Jaddu. But Ashwin batting is nowhere near at the top. In SA definitely Jaddu. In England it purely depends on the surface. I would back Ashwin at Birmingham and oval. Jadeja in other places.

3 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

In home it should be 3+2 for spinners as the 3, overseas it should be 3+2 with pacers as the 3, IF Jaddu is playing. This is because of the simple reason that home or away, Kuldeep and Ashwin are better bowlers than Siraj is, so there is no sense in picking 4 pacers, when your 4th pacer is gonna be worse than your 2nd spinner. 

This is ESPECIALLY true for Siraj, as Siraj is *NOT* a good old ball bowler and if you pick 4 pacers, it means two of them HAS to be decent old ball bowlers. 

16 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

In home it should be 3+2 for spinners as the 3, overseas it should be 3+2 with pacers as the 3, IF Jaddu is playing. This is because of the simple reason that home or away, Kuldeep and Ashwin are better bowlers than Siraj is, so there is no sense in picking 4 pacers, when your 4th pacer is gonna be worse than your 2nd spinner. 

This is ESPECIALLY true for Siraj, as Siraj is *NOT* a good old ball bowler and if you pick 4 pacers, it means two of them HAS to be decent old ball bowlers. 

Should be condition based. opposition based somewhat. Cannot go blindly with same XI on all pitches. In SA we are never going to be greeted with surfaces that helps spin.

For instance in South Africa in the last 5 tests India played

Pacers 161 wickets

Spinners 5 wickets (4 Ashwin 1 Maharaj)

So there is no point in playing spinners in SA.

Edited by vvvslaxman
17 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Should be condition based. opposition based somewhat. Cannot go blindly with same XI on all pitches. In SA we are never going to be greeted with surfaces that helps spin.

For instance in South Africa in the last 5 tests India played

Pacers 161 wickets

Spinners 5 wickets (4 Ashwin 1 Maharaj)

So there is no point in playing spinners in SA.

Doesn;t matter if we are greeted on a moist green-top. Siraj is still a shittier 4th bowler than Ashwin/Kuldeep.

24 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Doesn;t matter if we are greeted on a moist green-top. Siraj is still a shittier 4th bowler than Ashwin/Kuldeep.

I think we can unearth a decent 4th pacer on a total green top. however, if the pitch is totally green, then batting should be lengthened and 3+1 will be enough, with some overs from jaiswal maybe

9 minutes ago, Vijy said:

I think we can unearth a decent 4th pacer on a total green top. however, if the pitch is totally green, then batting should be lengthened and 3+1 will be enough, with some overs from jaiswal maybe

If we unearth a 4th pacer of quality, then that scenario changes. For now, it must have Jadeja+Ashwin/Kuldeep as the option as Siraj isnt good enough with the old ball compared to those three.

Its obviously dependent on bowlers at hand. If we had 4 Malcolm Marshalls available, i'd say drop Ashwin & kuldeep even in India and play Jaddu + 4 Maccos.