Dravid: Agarkar and his selectors pushed India to pick new players

3 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Its sad to see that our ex cricketers are so incompetent in identifying who has potential and who doesnt.

Dravid & co must have seen Jurel batting in nets alongside Bharath. Yet they played him only from 3rd test onwards. What was the reason behind this delay, were they expecting Bharath to score a 100 inns just to prove they're correct ? 

Same with Mukesh vs Akashdeep, its no rocket science to see who is better. But our coach & captain see Mukesh as an all format bowler over Akashdeep. 

All that year of international cricketing experience is useless if you can't identify & back even the right player in their setup.

Our captain, coach aren't proactive and I don't see our selectors interested either. Salil Ankola was more interested in roaming with his wife rather than focusing on the SMAT tournament to identify new talents. I don't even know who the other selectors are, such is the state of affairs.

Everyone is just waiting for IPL to happen and it will be then used as a platform to select, drop players for all 3 formats. 

Also they would have watch Patidar and Sarfaraj batting in the nets ,but they preferred Patidar for 2nd test.

How can Dravid didn't identify the difference between Jurel and Bharat,Akashdeep and Mukesh,Axar and Kuldeep,Patidar and Siraj.

It seems he is comfortable with some known player's ie Rahul,Iyer, and is ready to back them ,instead of trusting young players  

8 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Its sad to see that our ex cricketers are so incompetent in identifying who has potential and who doesnt.

Dravid & co must have seen Jurel batting in nets alongside Bharath. Yet they played him only from 3rd test onwards. What was the reason behind this delay, were they expecting Bharath to score a 100 inns just to prove they're correct ? 

Same with Mukesh vs Akashdeep, its no rocket science to see who is better. But our coach & captain see Mukesh as an all format bowler over Akashdeep. 

All that year of international cricketing experience is useless if you can't identify & back even the right player in their setup.

Our captain, coach aren't proactive and I don't see our selectors interested either. Salil Ankola was more interested in roaming with his wife rather than focusing on the SMAT tournament to identify new talents. I don't even know who the other selectors are, such is the state of affairs.

Everyone is just waiting for IPL to happen and it will be then used as a platform to select, drop players for all 3 formats. 

Great post.

You have to remember Dravid, Sachin, VVS were in think tank in SA in 2011 when great Jaidev Unadkat was selected over Umesh Yadav.I don't think they watch nets otherwise even blind person will not select Jurel over Bharat.

Selecting Patidar over Sarfraz is another selection blunder.

Our captain has been  bailed out by spinners. He has no clue on how to rotate fast bowlers or have plan B. 

Edited by putrevus
4 hours ago, tweaker said:

Also they would have watch Patidar and Sarfaraj batting in the nets ,but they preferred Patidar for 2nd test.

How can Dravid didn't identify the difference between Jurel and Bharat,Akashdeep and Mukesh,Axar and Kuldeep,Patidar and Siraj.

It seems he is comfortable with some known player's ie Rahul,Iyer, and is ready to back them ,instead of trusting young players  

Rightly said.

That's the job of coach infact. To understand who fits the Indian Cricket better.

I have no hopes with Rathour & Mhambrey, but Dravid has played for almost 15 years in international cricket, and has often went through struggles in adapting to ODI format in his early days.

I don't think it should take him more than an hour to understand if a batter has technical plus mental skills for the international cricket.

Another surprising this is, Dravid even as RR coach was always supportive of young players. He was the one who identified Sanju early and gave him as many opportunities as he can to shine. His coaching stint with 2018 U19 WC was also quite commendable.

But with national team, not sure what's going wrong.