Pakistanis - Underestimated

I don't get why the Pakis are underestimated in this forum. I think that yeah while some of their players are complete idiots (Asif/Khatmal etc), they still have talent coming through. All I'm saying is it is not right to call them minnows, and not underestimate them if we play them in the final. All it may take is a Tanvir 5-fer (with support by Gul) and a batting collapse by India and some industrious batting by MoYo, Misbah, Butt and Younis and they may beat us.... While they've been missing some key players, the Paki team is still very dangerous IMO because they still have a good batting lineup and a bowling attack that may have its good day.......so lets not overlook them at all for this Kitply and Asia cups (especially if they play at home)

i agree with swami1984. i cant understand y lot of people out here make fun of pakistan. although they have idiotic players like afridi & akmal or druggists like akhtar & asif, but what wrong have the other players done. also, dont forget that pakistan have the 2nd best young talent in the world. the best being indias. and they can be a tough opposition as well. watch out for some of their youngsters like nasir jamshed & fawad alam

i agree with swami1984. i cant understand y lot of people out here make fun of pakistan. although they have idiotic players like afridi & akmal or druggists like akhtar & asif' date=' but what wrong have the other players done. also, dont forget that pakistan have the 2nd best young talent in the world. the best being indias. and they can be a tough opposition as well. watch out for some of their youngsters like nasir jamshed & fawad alam
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I dont think they are being underestimated, its just the posters are enjoying India's success against them. Pakistan is a good team, the problem is that the top order is getting out too quickly without building any vital partnersips. Without a good foundation, the the middle order cant seem to capitalize and is always playing the catching up game. Once they can build partnerships and not lose too many wickets at the top, they would be able to pose a fighting total. Another point is the batting position of Malik. In my opinion, he should bat at #3 especially in the subcontinent. He's played some good knocks at #3 and that is the position for him.

What missing key players?

While they've been missing some key players' date=' the Paki team is still very dangerous IMO because they still have a good batting lineup and a bowling attack that may have its good day.......so lets not overlook them at all for this Kitply and Asia cups (especially if they play at home)[/quote'] Who? The druggie? Oops, I meant druggies. Asif and Shoib will defiently add a new dimension to their attack but there are one too many idiots on that team. We dont have Sachin either!! I dont think anybody is under estimatatin Pakistan. They can be dangerous on any given day. However, the Indian fans are currently basking in lopsided victory over them.