Ponting Ton #38 thread

....and, well as this thread is about d "Mr Honest " let me tell you what mr boycott thinks of him "Well, I think Ponting is the best batsman in the world at the moment. He is a top-class player and I think most people would vote him as the best player over the last couple of years - he has scored very heavily in both one-day and Test cricket. But Lara and Tendulkar are iconic figures, which is about more than being just a terrific player. They have captured the imagination of the public. They haven't just scored runs: Lara twice got the record of most Test runs and he still holds the record of the highest score in Test cricket. Those are huge figures. And the way he bats is just very special. Sachin is technically correct against all kinds of bowlers and the way he took Shane Warne apart when he came to India makes him more than just a terrific player. Sorry, I don't think Ponting is in the same league as Lara or Tendulkar. "

....and, well as this thread is about d "Mr Honest " let me tell you what mr boycott thinks of him "Well, I think Ponting is the best batsman in the world at the moment. He is a top-class player and I think most people would vote him as the best player over the last couple of years - he has scored very heavily in both one-day and Test cricket. But Lara and Tendulkar are iconic figures, which is about more than being just a terrific player. They have captured the imagination of the public. They haven't just scored runs: Lara twice got the record of most Test runs and he still holds the record of the highest score in Test cricket. Those are huge figures. And the way he bats is just very special. Sachin is technically correct against all kinds of bowlers and the way he took Shane Warne apart when he came to India makes him more than just a terrific player. Sorry, I don't think Ponting is in the same league as Lara or Tendulkar. "
:two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up:

.....and some wise words for afridi " the beast" "He can't change his game because he is a hitter of the ball. He is a wonderful hitter and I think he is one of the biggest hitters that the game has seen. He has a wonderful physique and is a strong lad. But he has no brain. He can't think. He can't stop swiping even if you stood on his shoulder and told him not to hit the ball before the bowler bowled"