good fight Dhoni's India, pakistan going nowhere but downhill after this victory

As soon as Asif comes back, will join with Tanvir as new pair bowlers. Tanvir was pretty good with new ball. Gul was superb at death overs. I forsee Pakistan to grab Asia Cup cause Riaz is likely to spread outburst on India team after what he has received :dance: Come ON Pakistan. There's no doubt India did well, but umpiring was horrible. If umpiring was fair today, India would have been out 200. :haha: Anyways, well done Dhoni :two_thumbs_up:
Humm..Asif's drug hearing is due on 22nd June and Asia cup starts on June 24, looks like a very close call. :giggle:. Also, who knows, he might end up jailed, haha. Also he looked in very bad shape already in IPL and this drug thing will probably be on his mind.:finger: Anyways, his ODI record is very mediocre, with 36 wickets in 31 matches, average of 33.5 and strike rate of one wicket for 43 balls. Seriously though, I was very impressed with him(as was everyone else) when he started playing test cricket, but looks like a shadow of his former self. I sincerely hope he doesn't end up a wasted talent. But I will concede he is a dumbass off the field.

In one day matches and on flat wickets, there not much difference between the teams. The bowling is equally bad, and both have three or four batsmen of similar ability, with India having some advantage in the captain. On conditions aiding bowlers, even without SRT, India should be the much better team.

Even after i defeat ..i know for sure that..this indian team will beat the pakistani team 9 out of 10 times ..in whatever conditions...and it was really heartening to the fearlessness of these young lads.. and i am mighty impressed with the leadership of Dhoni...He is a lion hearted player...who will fight till the last breath ... i now know that this indian team is in safe hands...and it will reach newer highs in coming months and years...
well said TGB:two_thumbs_up:

A BIG thumbs-up to all Sandeep's posts! Couldnt agree more with the sentiments of the majority of posters when they say they werent disappointed at all, by this defeat. In fact, if anything, there's more disbelief that we lost this match to Pakistan, given that we were the clear cut favorites. Pakistan had to come up with one of its BEST ever batting performances in its recent past, while India, despite none of our batsman ever really clicking, still managed to come close. That says a lot about our depth and fighting abilities. Even if just one of our top-5 batsman had gone on to score a 70-odd, we would have crossed the line. The Kitply cup may have Pakistan's name inscribed on it now, but even the MOST ardent Pak fan will admit that India is by far, the better team amongst the two and given any day, one would back India to win most of the encounters between the two sides.

it will take time. We won the CB finals because of sachin. The youngsters need time in the middle. Other than Yuvraj and Dhoni and the openers none of the others know how to pace an ODI innings. It will only come with time.
Very true. I was thinking abt that while watching the match.
As soon as Asif comes back, will join with Tanvir as new pair bowlers. Tanvir was pretty good with new ball. Gul was superb at death overs. I forsee Pakistan to grab Asia Cup cause Riaz is likely to spread outburst on India team after what he has received :dance: Come ON Pakistan. There's no doubt India did well, but umpiring was horrible. If umpiring was fair today, India would have been out 200. :haha: Anyways, well done Dhoni :two_thumbs_up:
riaz :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: asif :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: hell be lucky to get out of dubai first :hysterical::hysterical:
A BIG thumbs-up to all Sandeep's posts! Couldnt agree more with the sentiments of the majority of posters when they say they werent disappointed at all, by this defeat. In fact, if anything, there's more disbelief that we lost this match to Pakistan, given that we were the clear cut favorites. Pakistan had to come up with one of its BEST ever batting performances in its recent past, while India, despite none of our batsman ever really clicking, still managed to come close. That says a lot about our depth and fighting abilities. Even if just one of our top-5 batsman had gone on to score a 70-odd, we would have crossed the line. The Kitply cup may have Pakistan's name inscribed on it now, but even the MOST ardent Pak fan will admit that India is by far, the better team amongst the two and given any day, one would back India to win most of the encounters between the two sides.
great post :--D
Pakistan had to come up with one of its BEST ever batting performances in its recent past, while India, despite none of our batsman ever really clicking, still managed to come close. That says a lot about our depth and fighting abilities. Even if just one of our top-5 batsman had gone on to score a 70-odd, we would have crossed the line.
We are seriously underestimating Pakistan again. Pakistan still has enough batting to score 300+ totals on these wickets, which will win the match most of the time. Pakistan has had no very bad "recent past" in ODIs since the world cup - a 2-1 over SL, and 2-3 defeats to SA and India (apart from the Zim/BD matches). In the 2-3 defeat against India last year, they won chasing a 320+ total and defended a 300+ one, the latter match was nearly a carbon copy of the Dhaka match.
]We are seriously underestimating Pakistan again. Pakistan still has enough batting to score 300+ totals on these wickets' date= which will win the match most of the time. Pakistan has had no very bad "recent past" in ODIs since the world cup - a 2-1 over SL, and 2-3 defeats to SA and India (apart from the Zim/BD matches). In the 2-3 defeat against India last year, they won chasing a 320+ total and defended a 300+ one, the latter match was nearly a carbon copy of the Dhaka match.
How does it matter what we think ? Its the players who have to play and since they got their asses kicked in the final, they obviously won't be complacent or anything. Obviously, Pak is pretty good ODI team, but if I have to bet, I will bet on India, to win 60-70% of the times Vs Pak on completely flat pitches. A bit higher for swinging/seaming conditions.