Positives for India

Rarely does one see Indian fans upbeat about the future after a loss to Pak but yesterday's loss has been brushed off as an slight blip by most of us. All of us believe that under Dhoni and his young brigade, our team has good years ahead of them. With Pathan coming in at 9, our batting depth has never been stronger. Our bowling lineup was good yesterday but Dhoni showed a little too much faith in Chawla, giving him his second spell during the death. But that's part of the Dhoni captaincy package. Innovation and risk taking. No dying wondering here. And as we have seen, more often that not, Mahi's courageous decisions and faith in his men gives us amazing success. After all, the same team humbled the world champs and the world cup runners up in Australia. :top:

Guest Hiten.
Rarely does one see Indian fans upbeat about the future after a loss to Pak but yesterday's loss has been brushed off as an slight blip by most of us. All of us believe that under Dhoni and his young brigade' date=' our team has good years ahead of them. With Pathan coming in at 9, our batting depth has never been stronger. Our bowling lineup was good yesterday but Dhoni showed a little too much faith in Chawla, giving him his second spell during the death. But that's part of the Dhoni captaincy package. Innovation and risk taking. No dying wondering here. And as we have seen, more often that not, Mahi's courageous decisions and faith in his men gives us amazing success. After all, the same team humbled the world champs and the world cup runners up in Australia. :top:[/quote'] I think we have to worry about our batting line up (a tiny bit!!). If you noticed, only handful of our batsmen performed good. GG, UV and VS performed well in the entire series. Dhoni had no or little opportunity of batting (yesterday he had one, but he wrongly sent Raina ahead of him). Rohit and Raina were India's biggest flops apart from Ishant and RP singh (in bowling department). I have given my hopes on IKP rediscovering his bowling 'form'. Lets put it this way, IKP is in the team because he can bowl 10 overs at an economy of 6 (with an odd wicket) and bat (to score some odd runs).

Excellent posts by Gambit and Dhondy! :two_thumbs_up: However, I was kinda disappointed by the attitude of some fans who gave up too early yesterday which is why I closed my laptop and proceeded to watch the match on my own. My cousin came in at the fall of Raina's wicket and asked me if India will win. I said, of course! I understand, Indian teams of past have not been as consistent, but this Indian team is much different. And also, this is a team that has members from my generation that I readily identify with. As I noted in the match thread, I was really happy that we were chasing a big total in a final against a pak team that was humiliated by us recently. No better match practice than that :two_thumbs_up:

I think we have to worry about our batting line up (a tiny bit!!). If you noticed, only handful of our batsmen performed good. GG, UV and VS performed well in the entire series. Dhoni had no or little opportunity of batting (yesterday he had one, but he wrongly sent Raina ahead of him). Rohit and Raina were India's biggest flops apart from Ishant and RP singh (in bowling department). I have given my hopes on IKP rediscovering his bowling 'form'. Lets put it this way, IKP is in the team because he can bowl 10 overs at an economy of 6 (with an odd wicket) and bat (to score some odd runs).
The only issue with the batting is not that it's top heavy but it's that we can't expect a ton almost everytime from atleast someone in the lineup. With SRT,SCG and RD in the past, in every 3 games, atleast one of them would bat right through and make a big one. The guys today are a little more adventurous with their strokeplay. A little more judiciousness in their shots and a little more patience should see us iron out this little weakness. If you remember, just a few months ago, Rohit in SRT's company, batted beautifully in the first CB series final and played a big role in our win. It's just a matter of getting a little more experience I guess.
The only issue with the batting is not that it's top heavy but it's that we can't expect a ton almost everytime from atleast someone in the lineup. With SRT' date='SCG and RD in the past, in every 3 games, atleast one of them would bat right through and make a big one. The guys today are a little more adventurous with their strokeplay. A little more judiciousness in their shots and a little more patience should see us iron out this little weakness. If you remember, just a few months ago, Rohit in SRT's company, batted beautifully in the first CB series final and played a big role in our win. It's just a matter of getting a little more experience I guess.[/quote'] I second that..these guys are jus gonna get better with experience..Raina is a must..he is way better than Uthappa and he jus has to be careful in choosing which ball to play the aerial shots..yesterday it was a rank full toss on the leg side that he got out to..so he ll learn and he ll be much better the next time around..Gauti is in some terrific form but sometimes the rush in the blood gets on to him and he takes one risk too many..but he has been a gr8 find in the past 1 year and he will also mature..well RS there is nothing v can fault this young man at..he is jus going thro a small blip and he is really the most talented youngsters in our team rite now if not the world..so our batting is more than gud rite now.. as far as the bowlers are concerned Irfans form is the major worry..he started out well in the CB series but towards the end of the series he started going for runs and that trend continued even in this series..so lets jus hope that he adjusts to his new role pretty soon which im sure he would..if not then MSD can give him the new ball ahead of Ishant..Ishant is "hit the deck" kinda bowler and he is a lot of pace so coming one change wud not really affect him and he can trouble the batsmen with his movement of the pitch..but Irfan relies on swing so v can really try out that option..and once Sree Zak are back v wud really have a lot of options..and Bhajji is gud in ODIs so there is not too much to worry in the bowling department as well..give them time MSD wud make this unit a world beating one :yay::dance::two_thumbs_up: