Positives for India

PKumar's bowling. He was terrific in both games against Pak. Bowled very tidily today. Gambhir's batting. He really is a cannon at the top of the order. Hope he keeps this up. Chawla getting thrashed today. He did well against Pak in the previous game but today's caning will hold him in good stead for the future. Pathan's death bowling. His bowling at the death today ensured Pak didn't get the 330+ total that seemed inevitable at the 40 over mark. Yuvi's return to form. Probably the biggest positive.

i am really impressed with Praveen kumar.it was hard to score run on his bowling, the varitions he impliled were great. good odi bowler. Gambhir, a big positive certainly. he looks rock solid these days. one you can rely on. today i hurt a lot when Gambhir got out cauz he was in such a classy form. Yuvi was lookin good and hope he carries on this form in asia cup. Dhoni, leading in batting also.. lot of other minor positives too.. Asia Cup is ours

SRT will not play in the Asia Cup and Harbhajan has to wait another 7 ODIs before his ban ends.
:yay::yay::yay: People have got to stop with SRT. This is new India. This team will win without him. SRT should play only the important tournies like Champions Trophy and World Cup. :two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up:

there were a lot of positives..and raina din perform that badly v need to have him in our team..he is a damn gud prospect..Chawla well yea the pasting that he got today wud do him gud..Ishant is still not at his best so he needs to tighten it up a bit..PK was gr8..Yuvis innings today was flawless..gud to see him bat this way again..Gauti was terrific..so v need RS to find some form and v ll do really gud with the same team..MSD admitted that he did make mistakes today so he is also gonna learn frm them..all in all a gud series for our young team..

i would keep the current composition of the team...we are well balanced side... Out batting is good....Just the off colour Rohit Sharma..is the worry..but i am sure he will come good soon... in bowling department....chawla is good...its his bad luck that one of the best spin player of paksitani team decided to return to form in this game...i think this indian team is well balanced team...and i would like to see some more pace in Pathan's bowling...and more use of Yousuf pathan's off spin... i saw shades of viv Richards in yousuf pathan's batting style...

It looks like the transition from seniors to the current team is going well in the ODI's for India. It looks really solid and has the potential to be a world beater. But the test team is still reliant on the superstars for the batting. Yuvraj and Gambhir haven't convinced in tests so far (but I have feeling they will come good soon), Sharma is yet to get a chance (but looks good), Jaffer is erratic and I do not see anyone else coming up. It is a bit worrying since for past 8 years (barring the time around the Chappell era), we have been way better and consistent in tests. Fast bowling on the other hand, looks far better from test perspective. Sreesanth & Pathan shine in the tests, Ishant, Zaheer and RP look good either way, and we have reserves in the form of Munaf, VRV, Praveen Kumar and Gony. Spin has a bright future with Piyush.

The biggest positive: The Never-say-die attitude. Most teams that are reduced to 100 odd for 4, chasing 315 in a big final, would have crumbled for a 222-all out total. But, our team kept fighting on, manfully and professionally. Says a lot about the discipline, ethics and ruthless attitude that now exists amongst our players. It was a pity that none of our top-order batsman went on to score a substantial total, but that really ok, coz thats the nature of the game. However, we still need Sachin. Notwithstanding all the electric starts, its important to have a steadying influence at the top of the order and Viru and Gambhir dont really give that. So, when God is back, things can only get better.

The biggest positive: The Never-say-die attitude. Most teams that are reduced to 100 odd for 4, chasing 315 in a big final, would have crumbled for a 222-all out total. But, our team kept fighting on, manfully and professionally. Says a lot about the discipline, ethics and ruthless attitude that now exists amongst our players. . .
It's been a feature of the Indian cricket team under Dhoni. When was the last time they actually lose a match badly ? I have to go as far back as October '07 when Australia toured and smashed India at Vadodara. It's been a while. Even when they played in Australia, they conceded 317 at Sydney, were reduced to 51/4 while chasing but Gambhir and Uthappa nearly got them there. Bodes well for the future.

India is a stronger team and by rights, should never lose to Pakistan in any form of the game. However, ODI, by its nature, is a game given to randomness, and on any given day, circumstances may favour the weaker side. Winning the toss was certainly a good start for Pakistan, but the comparative margin of defeat in the two head to heads show that India is the better side. I have never been in favour of selecting spinners in ODIs, and Chawla proved the point. His 4 wickets in the first match were cheap ones, gained on the back of some amazing bowling by Praveen. How can he make the cut when a bowler like RP Singh is cooling his heels? You also have to factor in the strength of the side you are up against. Pakistan play spin bowling very well, and are weak against the moving ball. RP Singh would have been a better choice. Sreesanth will offer another option in the Asia Cup. That decision apart, my respect for Dhoni grows by the day. India's ODI side led by him is destined for great things. This match, and and a mediocre Pakistan side, was nothing but a roadblock- India will overcome far stiffer challenges.

Guest Hiten.
India is a stronger team and by rights' date= should never lose to Pakistan in any form of the game. However, ODI, by its nature, is a game given to randomness, and on any given day, circumstances may favour the weaker side. Winning the toss was certainly a good start for Pakistan, but the comparative margin of defeat in the two head to heads show that India is the better side.
Dhondy bhai, I think we have to hold back our cockiness until our team performs and wins at regular basis. Our bowlers are nothing but cannon fodder on subcontinental pitches which is quite a shocker given that they are inbred on these kinda pitches. Just because victory margin was less, it does not mean we were not outplayed. We must have been outplayed in some department as the result shows. Our ODI team nicely balanced, but I think our part timers have to improve their bowling or else Dhoni will be forced to implement 5 bowlers theory again :((