Technology and Umpires : Umpire review system trial in SL-India Tests

i think its a good idea...and India will surely benefit from this ..if implemented in all test matches and ODIs... i would also like to see the front foot noball decision to be left for some machine...as it happens in tennis... this will greatly reduce the burden of field umpires... its very very difficult for a person to first notice the foot at his end..and then try to figure out the trajectory of ball path in less than a second... a loud beep in the stadium will suffice...to notice the Noball... i must say..this referral system is a good change ....

I seriously hate the passive attitude of current indian greats...like Sachin..Dravid , Ganguly Kumble etc.. they should have raised their voice in support of referral system years ago..when Gavaskar was the chairman of cricketing committee... there are not many voices in support of referral system..but against it many Poms and aussies players have spoken...because it suites them... Indian, pakistani, and SL teams have suffered a lot of loss due to biased and incompetent umpiring in Tests and ODIs...still they have not united together for this... Pakistan really back stabbed BCCI when we lost the motion by one vote in ICC..when there was chance... and since then pakistan has suffered many humiliating losses in test matches dues to umpiring decisions... I think its high time now to really get the technology in the game...and if need be..Poms and aussies can decide to avoid technology when playing bilaterally...

Since there's no limit on the number of times a fielding captain can appeal, there might be a bit too many. (why wouldn't a fielding captain appeal whenever the umpire says not out? Or why wouldn't a batsman appeal when ever he has been given out LBW?) Let's see how this pans out. Otherwise, a system like that in Tennis/American football can be used. (Or a penalty of 5 runs for every wrong appeal).

Good. Once this series begins, I'll be able to sit down in front of a good cricket match, relax and appreciate some fine batsmen and bowlers pitting their skills against each other without any "DLF maximums", cheerleaders, stupid over restrictions or idiotic, incompetent and dull-witted umpires to ruin things. Now boot the moronic commentators and get some good ones instead, and it will be idyllic.

Good. Once this series begins, I'll be able to sit down in front of a good cricket match, relax and appreciate some fine batsmen and bowlers pitting their skills against each other without any "DLF maximums", cheerleaders, stupid over restrictions or idiotic, incompetent and dull-witted umpires to ruin things. Now boot the moronic commentators and get some good ones instead, and it will be idyllic.
I can do away with commentary as a whole. Just let the sound from stadium and the ground on the TV. I don't think we need any commentators. Because of the outrageous commentary, I had to keep my TV on mute while watching the kitply series. Each and every commentator during that serios was extremely annoying.

this is some serious change in cricket and its for the gud..hope they have the same system against the aussies in october..v need this against them more than anybody else..anyway a gud start and if the pitches are bowler friendly v wud get a gud series as well..