Did yesterday's win mask Bowling deficiencies

well..agreed that the pitch is flat..with no seam or swing..or bounce.. but there is no strategy among our bowlers..what is venkatesh prasad doing...? i don't see either Venky or Robin in this tour...have they been sacked..? no yorkers..no bouncers... bloody toothless harmless bowling display... only Ojha showed some promise...Gony Maharaj ko apna standard pata lag gaya hai..

While I agree that our bowling is not up to mark, how much of this can be attributed to the flat nature of the pitch? In all of the matches so far, every team has suffered including Pakistan, India & Bangladesh. Sri Lanka is yet to play a team like Pakistan or India to judge their quality of the bowling. Of all the teams from India, Pakistan & Sri Lanka, SL bowling attack has the most experience. The real test for SL bowling when Pakistan and India bat against Sl bowling.

Pakistan's batting is somewhat more settled for this match...and is much stronger than their bowling.. and in YK and YOYO....they have two good players of spin... SL bowlers will be tested today..on a flat pitch..if even today..we get to see another 300+ runs in an innings.. curators of these pitches should be given the Taliban treatment...:giggle:

I wouldn't be so harsh on our young bowlers. The thing about these flat conditions is that you need experienced, savy bowlers who've bowled there before and know that variations like good slower balls, yorkers and bowling effectively over and around the wicket give you better chances. ALL of that comes with experience. Keep in mind that Ishant has developed a good slowler ball. RP has bowled ok considering the flat tracks and so has Praveen and I think everyone will admit that fielding (catching) has made the bowling look worse. The bowlers that have looked awful are guys like Gony, Chawla who aren't ready yet for ODIs in my opinion. Trust me, if we had Zaheer and Sree back, and Bhajji can bowl 10 economical overs, then our bowling would be much much better on these flat tracks. We already know that in good bowling conditions, guys like Zaheer, RP, Ishant, Praveen are good enough to bowl out even top batting sides like Australia. Seriously, considering the injuries in our bowling attack, the inexperience, and conditions I think we're doing ok.

It is too early to make a judgement about Gony - one game where he was clearly off colour is nowhere near enough of a time period. Gony is a bowler who relies on bounce from the wicket and he was bowling on a lifeless wicket and that must be taken into consideration too.

Well it finally came back to bite, this bowling attack couldnt even defend 309 and Dhoni who is an Idiot says he is happy with piyush Chawla, It is all in the mind set of this team in second test against Indians get bowled out for 76 and SA score what 500 runs , how can that happen, it is either our batsman are crap or bowlers are crap, so these guys have no excuse of saying oh it is flat pitch thats why we couldnt do it. well when it was not flat pitch what did you do.so it shows you stink.They win one test match their bowling coach says they are best in the world even in that match spinners took lot of wickets.so this overhype of the bowling has to stop .

Well it finally came back to bite, this bowling attack couldnt even defend 309 and Dhoni who is an Idiot says he is happy with piyush Chawla, It is all in the mind set of this team in second test against Indians get bowled out for 76 and SA score what 500 runs , how can that happen, it is either our batsman are crap or bowlers are crap, so these guys have no excuse of saying oh it is flat pitch thats why we couldnt do it. well when it was not flat pitch what did you do.so it shows you stink.They win one test match their bowling coach says they are best in the world even in that match spinners took lot of wickets.so this overhype of the bowling has to stop .
Sorta like the old Indian team... Batting will click, but we lose via bowling. Or if Bowling clicks, then we lose via batting. I "thot" those ghosts have been gotten rid of, but apparently they are surfacing.
Sorta like the old Indian team... Batting will click, but we lose via bowling. Or if Bowling clicks, then we lose via batting. I "thot" those ghosts have been gotten rid of, but apparently they are surfacing.
When God's not there,expect the Ghosts!
Those ghosts were never gone they just were hiding for few matches, we all saw in kitply finals , I am not mad that we lost what I am mad at is the way we lost, this bowling attack I bet wouldnt have defended 400. It has been horrible all these matches they won some matches so their screw ups got covered, Dhoni what the hell was he doing feeding the ball to Piyush.

Why are we berating Piyush Chawla after today's match? He's clearly not the worst of the lot. I understand Those that have watched him bowl in other matches may have some light to shed, but taken in isolation, this match calls for someone like PK or YKP, not PC, to be dropped P Kumar 8.3 1 61 0 7.17 IK Pathan 10 0 68 0 6.80 (1w) I Sharma 10 1 63 0 6.30 (3nb, 1w) YK Pathan 4 0 29 0 7.25 PP Chawla 8 0 53 1 6.62 V Sehwag 5 0 34 0 6.80

When God's not there' date='expect the Ghosts![/quote'] dude u seriously have to get rid of the thot Sachin is really a God :D even if Sachin had played today it wouldnt have made a difference..its our bowling that sucked not batting get it..Sachin cant do anything if our bowlers bowl like tis..its ok to praise his batting but its not ok to say that his presence wud win us a game wen our bowlers are full of crap get it :winky:

Don't we have a HEAD COACH, BOWLING COACH, FIELDING COACH?? not to mention "mental conditioning" coach......and WHAT THE HELL are they doing?? just making money??? Wth has venkatesh prasad has done so far in our bowling???? our bowlers can't bowl yorkers...constantly leaking 6 runs per over...

Bowling looks pedestrian in flat-beds. We really dont seem to bowling 'badly'' date=' but the runs just seem to keep coming. Its inexplicable really.[/quote'] all seamers bowled well in patches , they all had decent/good 2-3 over each but they just couldnt be consistent ... inexperience by the newbies and poor bowling by I Pathan