To Celebrate or Not Celebrate?

Guest dada_rocks

Bhiga bhiga ke maar rahe ho yaar aap log:hysterical: Sachin vs whole nation and still equation heavily tilted in Sachin's favour

Don't know about ten equals one for soldiers' date=' maybe they were talking about flatulence per capita, but after the last Australian series ended at Adelaide, Tendulkar had more centuries against Australia than the entire current Pakistani team put together. That's all 11 of them.[/quote'] Don't know about that, but .... Saeed Anwar has scored a century against Australia in Australia Mohammad Wasim has scored a century against Australia in Australia Inzimam has scored a century against Australia in Australia Mohammad Yousuf has scored a century against Australia in Australia Ijad Ahmed has scored a century against Australia in Australia more to mention..... those are performance in test with the likes of Mcgrath, Fleming, Shane Warne.... Inzimam, Yousuf, Ijad has done well against West Indies in the past with likes of Ambrose, Courteney Walsh and more to come..... Coming from India, only Tendulkar was capable of against Australia in Australia ...was also miserable against West Indies with likes of Courteney Walsh and ambrose... That really doesn't make sense...I agree Tendulkar has been consistently scoring well against Australia...Australia has become best team after WC 99...Before WC 99, it was West Indies....Pakistan has done well against both team before the WC 99....After the WC 99, it was Australia who became the best and meanwhile, Pakistan continously provided competition cricket....sadly, that ended in WC 03 :nervous: I still remember Ijad Ahmed how he made 95 runs against West Indies in Australia ---VB Series 97' That was fantastic inning i have ever seen.... So, basically unfair to say Tendulkar alone beat em...Nooooo..... He has also struggled against West Indies in the past....that you don't see? :--D i don't mean to fry y'all... just stating the fact :--D
Guest dada_rocks
I am happy to see Pakistan losing...Seriously, player like Rao, Afridi, Butt and Malik? What can we expect :haha: That doesn't mean i will stop supporting Pakistan....:winky: I wanted Pakistan to lose the final in Bangladesh series. That will allow Chairman to drop those useless players i mentioned above.....Win the final once, but back to minnow zone performance now.... I really feel sorry for Misbah....in spite of his hard earned performance will never be useful for Pakistan as long as he doesn't get support from Pakistan team...how was Tanvir performance as bowler? i missed it...:--D I think Pakistan exiting out of this tournament might bring new captain and couple of new players to try...I hope that happens :dance:
I guess some of the blokes here menitoned this point here and even on that site but people thought it was jealousy.. why blame general gentry even Captain was mouthing words like "guard against complacency" .. to me that very statement tells all I need to knwo about Malik the captain .. Poor guy lives in dream-world, how could he not know his team sucks a win here and ther notwithstanding. Unless u accept their is problme solution is not coming from anywhere.. brave but obvious observation, hope someone in PCB is listening to you..

Unless that team is Australia or the overrated Endrizzland (and that too only if you're in England and have to put up with their media Overratungsprozess all the time), I think wishing for some team to do badly isnt called for. I think it reflects poorly on us if we're celebrating because some other team lost.

I guess some of the blokes here menitoned this point here and even on that site but people thought it was jealousy.. why blame general gentry even Captain was mouthing words like "guard against complacency" .. to me that very statement tells all I need to knwo about Malik the captain .. Poor guy lives in dream-world, how could he not know his team sucks a win here and ther notwithstanding. Unless u accept their is problme solution is not coming from anywhere.. brave but obvious observation, hope someone in PCB is listening to you..
It was Malik fault from the beginning....When PCB insisted to play many new youngsters against minnow teams like Zimbabwe and Bangladesh...that's where Malik acted like cry baby....He was persisting with same players instead of trying new players....has backed Kamran enough in spite of his miserable wicket keeping for so long... he was showing the sign of defensive captain for so long....His team doesn't suck...because it's team that he has chosen and suddenly blame on selectors for everything....when selectors were offering new quality players to try against minnow teams, that's when he acted defensive and proceed the same players instead of trying new players..... He has been mess....seriously, three fast bowlers? he wanted extra spinners ....he was the one who was defending Rao when PCB was about to drop him...he was the one who defended Afridi when PCB was about to drop him...It's all Malik fault....Selectors tried their best to bring quality players ....after all, at the expense of Yousuf, we got Misbah thank to selectors..... First, Inzimam was defensive and followed by Malik now...It clearly indicates that he is not captain material because he doesn't faith on our team and he doesn't know how to lead...kept asking help from Afrid, Younis to lead.....

Ok..my answer to OP.. to tell the truth..i really pity them....i used to enjoy their defeats against us...but now our win over them does not excite me much... in fact our win over Bangladesh was more full filing...YES..I rate Bangladesh team better than current Pakistani team... i was so funny to see RAO and Tanno :hysterical::hysterical: mouthing off Gambhir..and Raina...in the last game... HaHaHA..even the girls of pakistan do not support them any more...now a days i see more girls in the stadium...when india plays... Team India players are really popular among Pakistani Girls... Dhoni and Yuvi seems to be THE GUY for them..:haha:

i get no satisfaction from the fact that v bulldoze them so regularly..its almost like an expected result nowadays and only wen Pakis manage to play out of their skins they barely compete with us..its more like a joke now India playing against Pakistan and i really feel sad that the standard of cricket btw the 2 countries has such a big difference..i used to enjoy the rivalry wen Pakistan had Wasim,Waqar and Shoaib in their bowling lineup and i used to get excited wenever Sachin played against such a quality attack..a win against a quality Pakistan team gave me joy gave me the feeling that v have it in us to beat a top quality team..but a win against the present Pakistan team gives me nothing..like ofcourse im happy that v are winning but i jus check the final scorecard thats abt it..i feel extremely sorry abt the state of Pakistan cricket and i sincerely hope they get a gud team and manage to compete with us..i wud settle for a high intensity and quality India Pakistan match and India winning that consistently than the current scenario..

actually more than Indian win over them... or Their Loss against any team... its the reactions of their fans which gives me a high... My Internet connection was down since 6:30 PM..missed all the live comments during the match.. 2 AM was the time for resuming the internet services...saw that SL Winning... and slept early... 2 AM alarm woke me up....and first thing i did was to check the final result..and then log on to read comments..its 4 AM now....still reading comments... couldn't wait till the morning ..:--D

CELEBRATE???? They scored 299 against us no? And before that they scored 300+...so obviously either their batting is really damn good, or we need to work on our bowling!!!! They have been ravaged by lack of good bowling (no Shoaib, no Asif, Umar Gul got injured) etc...so don't underestimate them...and this is no time to celeberate for we need to work on bowling if we're to win ODI cups

I don't quite care anymore I feel. There used to be a time when I used to quite like seeing Pakistan beaten. That was when their team boasted classy cricketers. Now when I hear Pakistan is yet again thrashed I shrug my shoulders and move on. I have to be honest for the good of world cricket we don't want to see another test cricketing nation going down in dumps. West Indies, New Zealand and Zimbabwe have pretty much gone down in ranks in test cricket. Pakistan is no better than the three sides I mentioned but if they go any worse (most likely after Younis and Yousuf are gone) then there are hardly few test contests you will look forward to. I'm in favour of Pakistan doing just well enough as long as they continue to get thrashed by the likes of India, New Zealand and West Indies.

Some really arrogant comments on this thread. Yes, India has the edge over Pakistan over the past few years but that's all it is - an edge. If we take the 2003 WC as a cut off as mentioned above by someone India has 16 wins to Pakistan's 15 - a difference of one win. And no matter how we spin it, it is a fact that we lost a cup to them a couple of weeks back. The last bilateral series between the two in India was decided by a one match difference in both formats. We lost the the last test series played in Pakistan. There is no doubt India is the better side in any format but Pakistan are no push overs, specially when playing against us. They lift their game and compete. On an objective assessment of team strengths we should be beating them 8 times out of 10 but it's not happening. Till that happens every win but merely brings a smile to the face - nothing more. Pity is a long way off, I haven't even reached the state of continuous gloating. But then, I am from the older lot on the forum and have seen many terrible defeats at their hands like the Nehru Cup loss at home in '89 and a 1-6 defeat at home in '87(the one win courtesy having lost fewer wickets in a tied game as were the rules then). Till we give them continuous thrashings like that, celebrations will have to wait.

How do you regard these vicissitudes? With unbridled joy? With indifference? Or sadness?
@Dhondy's original post in this thread: I always, always, always feel happy to hear that Pak lost a cricket match - whether its against Ind or NZ or Aus or whoever. However - celebrations usually a bit mooted - except for big occasions like WC semis or T20 finals. Rest of this Kitply or Fevicol tournaments - nothing to celebrate. The days for TRUE BIG CELEBRATION :dance: will be when India overtakes the OVERALL all-time win/loss ratio vs Pak in ODIs and Tests. Then its :yay::yay::yay:

look dhondy, to be frank i tell you, i really enjoy when pak loses. but then again, i have lot of pakistani friends and i share their anger too. we talk together, so in friendship India-pak doesn't really come. and thats the time i really feel for them when they say our pcb management is crap and our team is losing. but then again when i am on net, i am just so excited everytime. and no one can snatch that back from me. it's all good in the end. if we keep dominating, then may be we will lose this charm of being happy against pak, and that will be good for us in general

I dont think many Paki supporters were not so excited to beat India when our bowling attack was led by Abey kuruvilla .. yes guys we had terrible bowling options and never had more than 1 or 2 decent ODI bowlers in 90s. Likes of Saeed anwar, Sohail have given us many bad memories. I dont understand why we cant enjoy pak losing. When was the last time u heard from a pakistani fan that they felt sad for India after India lost to Pak (im talking about Sharjah days). If a team is doing well then obviously other sides would lose and play poorly so whats the big fuss. Indians didnt ask PCB to handle the team the way it has handled. Neither did BCCI ban Shoaib or gave drugs to Chacha Charsi nor does Afridi get rasgullay from India after getting out on duck. The reality is that they are not playing as well as Indians so lets enjoy every win ... :two_thumbs_up:

Pakistan is my 2nd favorite team after India... Prolly coz i have so many pakistani friends.... we share same culture, jokes, food... Pakistan has given us players like Shoaib, Akram, Waqar, Inzi... offcourse in India Pakistan match, I support India(Even though I want Akhtar to take wickets :P) ... imagine had Pakistan won, we could have played them in final..now thats what i want from Asia Cup..

Pakistan is my 2nd favorite team after India... Prolly coz i have so many pakistani friends.... we share same culture' date=' jokes, food... Pakistan has given us players like Shoaib, Akram, Waqar, Inzi... offcourse in India Pakistan match, I support India(Even though I want Akhtar to take wickets :P) ... imagine had Pakistan won, we could have played them in final..now thats what i want from Asia Cup..[/quote'] Bah! Let SL, Bangladesh, Hong Kong all thrash the "beast-ly" pak team left, right and center!

one reason for our sympathy may be because we Indians are more tolerant about religious beliefs... we don't consider Non-Hindus as some outcast people... Many of us might have gone to Gurudrawa, churches, and other places of worship... but for Muslims...Hindus are one of their biggest enemies...yes..since we already are Kaafirs according to their beliefs and we indulge in Idol Worship...so double whammy.. otherwise...i don't know how to describe the attitudes of of some Muslim Bangladeshis.. How can they forget that pakistanis looted their property...raped their mothers and sisters...treated them as third class citizen...yes..dear fellows..its ROP.. But to address Shwetabh's concern...we can help build a Nepal team...into a world team to compensate for the demise of Pakistani cricket from international arena.. But yes...for me..i would want India to give them such a scar in each game they play..that their next seven generations..would feel the brunt of it..every time they would hear that India is playing..

I am indifferent when it's any other team besides India that beats the beloved padosees. Pak used to be my second fave team, but like many others here, after interacting with the fans on old ICF and the padosee board, that changed drastically. They don't ever feel bad for us when we lose to another team, why should we feel bad for them?